Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

What exhaust wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2004, 10:26 AM
Cornishblue
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What exhaust wheels

Hi, Picking up a new WRX in two weeks time and i'm thinking of getting an upgraded exhaust and wheels. Its WR blue with the standard silver alloys, want gold ones!!!

Any thoughts on what looks best.

Also what do you think is the best sounding exhaust. I want one that increases the the lovely deep burble!

Cheers

Dave
Old 06 June 2004, 11:22 AM
nickejmartin
Scooby Regular

exhaust - firestorm from tsl is very good. Had one fitted to my P1 about 3 months ago and it certainly makes the car stand out. Looks good as well and it draws attention from everywhere - including travelling on motorways. However had my first snide comment from a not very close neighbour yesterday who happend to be a retired police inspector. Classic saturday afternoon cutting the lawns, when he appears and proceeds to tell me he knows when what time I go to work, and 'thats not a standard exhaust is it'.
And he live a good 300m away. So it can be obtusive, so be careful.

Blitz Nur spec is the other contender. I thought the loudness was about the same as the FS, but what the FS for me was the burble effect, which I thought sounded much better. I put a Nur Spec on an Evo and to be frank was disappointed, but I think it sounded better from outside, as again it caused all sorts of comments. Speak to Paul at TSL in Nottingham as I found him very useful in comparing both and not as biased as you would think.

Zspigen - sorry if spelt wrong!!. Another very good exhaust for EVOs, louder than a Blitz, and apparantly you can get for Scoobys as well - may be worth a look.

But FS will take some beating.
Old 06 June 2004, 11:36 AM
Cornishblue
Scooby Regular

Default thanks

thanks for your help mate.