Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Is it worth PPP on MY02 WRX at 60K?

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2004, 09:53 PM
Echo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth PPP on MY02 WRX at 60K?

I've asked for ideas about re-maps etc here recently but am still mulling over the benefits of going full de-cat and remap, or, should I go PPP? :-)

I drove a PPP MY04 today and it was just right, just the extra thrust that I want, the right amount of low down pull that I've been missing and just the right sound!

Another baby on the way means I need to try and find the most economical performance improvement so wondered if anyone has found a way to emulate those PPP gains (performance and sound) for much less? The missis is willing to sacrifice her MY97 Sport to pay for the mods if we go PPP but hope to have her keep it if I can get the same performance for less than 700ish.

Any ideas?

:-)

Mike
Old 02 June 2004, 12:30 AM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I do miss my warrenty and I have learned to listen to points raised on mappers etc
but a ppp is only a backbox + centre section and a ecu tek mapped by prodrive

if you choose the right mapper add a centre section and backbox and it SHOULD be better than any pro drive mapped ecu as it is mapped to your car but you loes the warrenty so you will need a knocklink, boost gauge to be on the safe side

add a downpipe etc and it SHOULD be quicker than a ppp

I spent the same amount as a ppp on a my02 and even after several problems, I would still go the same route as I can keep adding to my system as belive me 270bhp soon feels slow

pick your mapper well and take their advice and you will limit your problems... I can't rate Bob Rawles highly enough

I can only give my experince's as I'm not a techi minded person
Rich

Last edited by WRX_Rich; 02 June 2004 at 12:33 AM.