Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Best place for Clutch replacement in Yorkshire?

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2004, 11:38 AM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best place for Clutch replacement in Yorkshire?

My clutch is showing the first signs of wear and I want to know what sort of price I am looking at for a replacement and any recommendations for someone to fit it in the West/ North Yorks area. I have had a quote from TSL for the AP one but I just wanted to see if I can get a standard one fitted locally as I'm getting married next year and the missus would kill me if I spend the best part of a grand for a clutch on a ten year old car

I don't do many standing starts or abuse my clutch so a standard one will do for me I think
Old 06 May 2004, 12:29 PM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Charlie H
My clutch is showing the first signs of wear and I want to know what sort of price I am looking at for a replacement and any recommendations for someone to fit it in the West/ North Yorks area. I have had a quote from TSL for the AP one but I just wanted to see if I can get a standard one fitted locally as I'm getting married next year and the missus would kill me if I spend the best part of a grand for a clutch on a ten year old car

I don't do many standing starts or abuse my clutch so a standard one will do for me I think
How far are you from Manchester...Prosport in Stockport, Manchester are a top set of lads. Speak to Peter I'm sure he will be able to help you out...0161 432 9999.

Hope that helps mate.

Regards Aaquil.
Old 06 May 2004, 01:07 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

I live in Harrogate so the M62 isn't a million miles away. I was hoping for something a little nearer but I will bear them in mind if the price is right. So far I've been quoted £550 for a non subaru clutch and £700 for a subaru clutch. That was from an ex dealer. I realise there is labour to think of but this does seem a bit steep for a clutch
Old 06 May 2004, 06:42 PM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a very good 2nd hand one for sale , Alan, Im in York and I know a garage what will fit it ,
Old 06 May 2004, 10:40 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alanbell
I have a very good 2nd hand one for sale , Alan, Im in York and I know a garage what will fit it ,
I've sent you an e-mail. I'm booked in at TSL for my geometry set up doing and they are going to check the clutch for me but I've mailed you for details in the mean time
Old 08 May 2004, 07:26 PM
Rally
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham during week, Leeds at Weekends and 5ive-o.org at night

I got a new exedy one fitted for £300 + VAT in Shipley, West Yorks to my 95 WRX. DRIVE-IN service centre, 3 guys that work there have owned scoobs for years and seem to know their stuff.
Old 09 May 2004, 08:09 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rally
I got a new exedy one fitted for £300 + VAT in Shipley, West Yorks to my 95 WRX. DRIVE-IN service centre, 3 guys that work there have owned scoobs for years and seem to know their stuff.
That's handy to know as I work in Bradford during the week

Trending Topics

Old 09 May 2004, 08:25 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.hdcsubaru.com
Old 13 May 2004, 10:12 AM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Cheers David
Old 13 May 2004, 10:58 AM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

Head over to Carnforth in Lancashire and booked yourself in at Town end garage. http://www.tegsport.co.uk/
He supplied & fitted a Subaru clutch for 1/2 the price your being quoted for a copy.
Old 11 June 2004, 09:44 AM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Question

Right - I friend of mine who is a mechanic says he will do the clutch for me (I didn't want to ask him as he's very busy, but he said last night it wouldn't be a problem)

What I need now is recommendations for a replacement clutch kit for a 93wrx with a scooby ECU (power probably 250-270 ish)

My car is just a weekend toy, I don't do traffic light grand prix and I generally treat the car very well with no abuse so what would you guys recommend?

I'm getting married next year so I can't afford to throw loads of money at it so no AP clutches etc, just a good quality, affordable one that can handle the power I have. I don't intend increasing the power either.

Any recommendations???