Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

STI 5 Type r - which mods

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2004, 12:01 AM
chip01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI 5 Type r - which mods

I Have only got a cat back zorst at the mo thats all on my V5 and am looking for some more power, I am looking at getting:
Downpipe Decat
Centre Decat
BOV
Some sort of induction? Which induction kit would you recommend Graham G have got their own one as well as power engineering (K & N Cone but with speical pipe work) are these the ones to go for)

What would you guys recommend on these and what other mods after these have been done are a good idea to go for. Which hybrid is the best for my car as well

Thanks in advance
Old 17 March 2004, 01:23 AM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chip01
I Have only got a cat back zorst at the mo thats all on my V5 and am looking for some more power, I am looking at getting:
Downpipe Decat
Centre Decat
Think you might find that the only catalyst in an STi5's exhaust is in the downpipe. Pretty sure the "thing" in the centre section is just a resonator.

BOV
Why? Changing the standard dumpvalve for an aftermarket one won't give you any more power, it'll just make your car sound silly and muck the fuelling up.

Some sort of induction?
Don't bother. Keep the standard induction tract and fit an uprated panel filter like the STi, K&N or Green products. A slight power and noise gain, but without any of the risks associated with induction kits.

Cone filter only a worthwhile gain if you're going for mid-300 bhp and above via a remap. and even then it's not worth really worth doign unless you're going to provide a good cold air feed.

What would you guys recommend on these and what other mods after these have been done are a good idea to go for.
Decent brake pads, braided brake lines and high temperature fluid. Then a TeK3, both to get more out of your car and to make it run safe on UK pump petrol.

Also don't forget that, until you go for a remap, you'll be needing to feed it Optimax plus a good octane booster every tank.

Which hybrid is the best for my car as well
Whoa there. Plenty of other things to do before you start thinking about hybrid turbos.