Blitz Sonic Power & Super Sound DV

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2004, 10:38 AM
colinlayton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blitz Sonic Power & Super Sound DV

Guys/Gals,

I've just bought an HKS Induction Kit and an HKS Dump Valve and was wondering the effect that these two things will have on my car. I have a UK300 with PPP and was wondering if the Prodrive ECU will be able to compensate for the extra air flow etc. without a remap??? I was under the assumption that the ECU would compenstae for the extra air flow etc.....but now I'm not too sure..... :¬/

Cheers for any help at all

Colin
Old 04 March 2004, 10:43 AM
Simon Lau
Scooby Regular

so which brand have you bought? HKS or Blitz ?? LOL
Old 04 March 2004, 12:47 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

I've just bought an HKS Induction Kit and an HKS Dump Valve and was wondering the effect that these two things will have on my car.
Surely the time to think about this would have been before you bought them?

I have a UK300 with PPP and was wondering if the Prodrive ECU will be able to compensate for the extra air flow etc. without a remap???
Maybe, maybe not. To be honest there would be little, if any, extra airflow, and in some ways you lose out by not having the standard induction tract's good cold air supply. The problem is that these kits can induce an under-read in the airflow meter, which can have very unfortunate consequences if you're unlucky.

The only way to be certain is by fitting a air-fuel ratio meter and a KnockLink prior to fitting these parts, get an idea how they behave, then make the swap. If your AFR drops or the car starts to det, return it to standard.

I was under the assumption that the ECU would compenstae for the extra air flow etc.....but now I'm not too sure.....
Your caution is justified. The dumpvalve is less of an issue as the worst it can do is cause overfuelling when it's open. The induction kit is more of a potential risk, and to be honest it's likely to lose you as much as it gains without a proper cold air supply, but provided you've got the AFR meter and KnockLink installed, you'll be able to make sure nothing really undesirable is happening.

If it was my car though I'd return both of these and just get a decent panel filter. Best all-round option!