HKS Hyper Muffler cat back ....

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2004, 06:57 PM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS Hyper Muffler cat back ....

What's it all about?

The guy I bought it off told me that it was called 'Cat back' cos it didn't have a cat , I'm not so sure. There seems to be a wire mesh ball about half way up the centre pipe, looks like there could be a cat hidden away in there, is there?

Also, is this exhaust a single piece unit (from but not including the DP)? Ideally if it has a high flow cat in the centre section then I'd like to hang on to this, but change the back box for something a little quieter with a less overstated tail pipe.

Cheers y'all
Old 14 February 2004, 07:27 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by zhastaph
What's it all about?

The guy I bought it off told me that it was called 'Cat back' cos it didn't have a cat , I'm not so sure. There seems to be a wire mesh ball about half way up the centre pipe, looks like there could be a cat hidden away in there, is there?

Also, is this exhaust a single piece unit (from but not including the DP)? Ideally if it has a high flow cat in the centre section then I'd like to hang on to this, but change the back box for something a little quieter with a less overstated tail pipe.

Cheers y'all
Its called a cat back because its from the cat back ie the downpipe with the cat in

No cat in the centre section and it is a different length to a normal centre section so it only fits to an hks back box.

Last edited by S.B.; 14 February 2004 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Bad spoiling