Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

ECU Diagnostics/Reset - How quick do you get the all clear (MY99/00)

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2004, 01:42 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ECU Diagnostics/Reset - How quick do you get the all clear (MY99/00)

The under-dash connect routine highlighted CEL 32 faulty lambda, which I suspected due to it's current closed loop driving characterisics.

I have since replaced the Lambda, and this morning the drive/perfromance seems fine.

Done several ECU Diagnostic/Reset tests lunchtime, and was amazed at how quick the ECU reported all clear.

Connected the green and black connectors.
Switched on ignition
throttle down for 2 seconds
throttle half down for 2 seconds
the usually clicky noises and fan were heard.
Started engine, no sign of CEL code, so started to drive.

Pretty much as soon as I moved off the CEL light flashed the all clear continuose on/off.

done it several times and every time the CEL all clear came up pretty soon after setting off.

when the CEL 32 flagged before it would take about 1/2 - 1 mile to report back.

Is it due to recent checks or down the the fact that the MAF is only 1 month old and the Lambda is new, hence spot on.

P.S It's an MY00 (Ae802 Tek'd)
Old 10 February 2004, 07:26 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was exactly the same (MY00), reset with in a few seconds of setting off. I had changed the MAF as a precautionary measure not because there was an error code for it and was surprised to see the all clear so quick, i did it again to confirm also.

Gary
Old 10 February 2004, 07:33 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Within about 30 secs on mine - MY99
Old 10 February 2004, 09:44 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Yep me too - I have MY00 - and the ECU flashes the all clear almost as soon as I pull away having performed a reset......my prev 93WRX was the same. One thing I do remember is that on my prev WRX I did once perform a reset and had forgotten to get the car up to full operating temperature and it took a few minutes of driving before the ECU flashed the all clear ?
Old 11 February 2004, 07:58 AM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cheers Guy's

I'll accept that it's the norm then.

My MY94 used to take about 1/2 mile as there is a particular stretch of road that I use every time.

This MY00 was doing the same all the time it was flagging CEL32 (only during the reset). Changing the Lambda and as mentioned above and as experienced by u guy's it flashes the all clear alot quicker.

I guess it''s running through some sort of calibration routine then......
Old 11 February 2004, 09:43 AM
The_Judge
Scooby Regular

When I first got MY00, the first mod was the downpipe and silencer. Just for the crack, I reset the ECU straight after fitting exhaust. It took 10 minutes to reset...! Also got the 32 error code. Reset again to determine if it was a recent fault or uncleared history, and it still took at least 7 minutes, but came up all clear. After a couple of weeks, like LB4, I changed the MAF as a precautionary measure, and not long afterwards, fitted AFR gauge, realised the lambda was shot, so replaced that. Reset again, and after reversing 2 metres to get off the car park, the CEL flashed the all clear!

I think your analysis is spot on Scott.T, as all the sensors are tickety-boo, it resets almost instantaneously.
Old 11 February 2004, 10:04 AM
richiewong
Twatful

Pretty much as soon as I moved off the CEL light flashed the all clear continuose on/off.

done it several times and every time the CEL all clear came up pretty soon after setting off.

when the CEL 32 flagged before it would take about 1/2 - 1 mile to report back.

Is it due to recent checks or down the the fact that the MAF is only 1 month old and the Lambda is new, hence spot on.
That's exactly what mine does(MY99 Type R) Performed several ECU resets and found it came up clear almost instantly. Last week replaced MAF following some erratic idle problem (Number 3 in 12 months on standard induction ) and Reset ECU only to find I had to drive about a mile before it showed a fault code. New Lambda now on it's way

Last edited by richiewong; 11 February 2004 at 10:05 AM.