Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Over Boost>>

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2004, 09:39 PM
scooby-woo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Hi wondering if anyone can help, i have a sti3 type , its running 1.7 bar in forth and fith gear, its been decated and has an induction kit, would thses two mods creat such boost as 1.7bar, i have checked the restrictor in the pipe from waistgate and the size is 0.9mm as far as i no the car is standard so i asume this is standard size for my car? any help would be much apreciated......
cheers
Old 29 January 2004, 09:40 AM
The_Judge
Scooby Regular

Wouldn't have thought those mods would get anywhere near 1.7 bar! I'm assuming it's hitting fuel cut...? If it isn't, then there's some sort of fuel cut defender in operation somewhere. You could try making the restrictor size a bit bigger, but be careful as 0.1mm adjustments can make a few psi differences.

Are you running Optimax/BP Ultimate with octane booster? Do you have a knocklink fitted? I'd be amazed if it wasn't detting at that boost pressure, particularly if you're not using the correct fuel with octane booster...
Old 29 January 2004, 12:10 PM
scooby-woo
Scooby Regular

Hi, yea i am using optimax with octain bo0ster all the time, but no knock link fitted!!!!, i have run the car without the jet and it only reaches 1bar, so i will have a go at making the hole larger, it does cut out at 1.7 even thow i dont try it regualy, i just wanted to find the sorse before i start changing things, like i say i do beleve the car to be standard apart from my few mods so this is why i cant fathem it out ,i think correct boost should be 1.2-.1.3 bar max for a type r , so will aim for that, if it dosent go bang in the mean time;eek:......
Cheers