Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Lambda sensor part number?

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2004, 11:36 AM
BlackR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having some difficulty obtaining a new lambda sensor for my STI5. It's a Bosche sensor and the number stamped onto it is:

A24 A71 028 8Y030

However, according to my local motor factor this is not in the format of a Bosche part number. Does anyone know what the part number should be? Or, failing that, a part number for a alternative sensor that will work equally well.

The motor factor was reluctant to supply me with a universal sensor as apparently it could confuse the ECU. He also said that the sensor from a UK Impreza may be unsuitable as well.

I've searched through previous messages on the BBS regarding lambda sensors and the Halfords LM300 has been mentioned a few times. However I am unsure whether this sensor would be suitable or long-lasting.

Any ideas?
Old 21 January 2004, 11:57 AM
BoxerFlat4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackR -

Give Prosport, 0161 432 9999 a buzz. Peter's just ordered a new sensor for my MY94 STI 1, he maybe able to advise you.

I believe the sensor is not a standard Bosch part, but rather a specific Subaru part number manufactured by Bosch, and hence only available from Subaru. You might want to be sitting down when you find out the price of them, as well ...