How many HP would "SATISFY" you???

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2001, 01:30 PM
Hyperex
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi all,

Just curious about owner who drives turbo car like scoobies think. Some people i know of never satisfied with power, the more the better. Some have a target hp to aim for and where some owners will smile at what they have without considering on further upgrades. So, what about you?

Hyper
Old 30 June 2001, 02:14 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

G'day Hyper,

In OZ I had a big Ford Falcon GT, which had 300 bhp from factory. I got used to this power so I did an engine for it that produced 380 bhp. I then got used to this and when I blew that motor, yes it put a leg out of bed, (connecting rod let go}, I built a big strong engine with 560bhp (engine dyno figure). Was awsome at the beginning and I thought this will be enough, but I got used to that too. These big engines need a lot of money as a lot of maintenance is required and they don't last long either. No matter what anyone says an engine can only take so much. When the car got written off I said enough, no more big power. So now with the wrex I only went for a bit of extra power. Power that should be enough to keep the wrex reliable. I think no more than 350 hp for a scoob maybe even less otherwise IMHO the engine won't last too long.

WREXY.

Old 30 June 2001, 04:40 PM
Hyperex
Scooby Regular

WREXY,

But once you got used to the 350 figure, with your character would you go for more?
What's the figure at the moment?
By the way, how fast was the 1/4 mile on the 560 falcon? What is engine dyno figure anyway? The figure wasn't resulted from RR?
Sorry for all the question marks.....

Hyper
Old 01 July 2001, 02:46 AM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hyper,

I would love to have more power, even 1000hp but I would not want to spend the money that I spent on the falcon because they always wreck. Big power does not allow the engine to last. But I definately would want more power. I wish there was a way you could have the power and nothing ever going wrong.

My best time was 10.9 sec pass at Eastern Creek Raceway. 560bhp on an engine dyno, before the motor went into the car and 402 hp at the wheels on a RR.

For my Scoob I don't know what the figure is, but the cars in Australia that my friend modifies, with the same parts as mine, get just a bit less power than an STI Version 6 that has no mods on his 4WDRR.

WREXY.