Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Considering custom up and down pipes

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2004, 03:18 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since I like to plan things thouroughly before spending money...

I'm having a think about some small optimisations to the turbo placement on my MY96. This will be done with a view to having a good induction pipework for a front entry turbo (TD05 with front entry mod for now, with maybe a 16G later) and to keep pipelength short for a front mount IC (combined with a front entry manifold.)

I don't want to mess about too much with PAS or ABS so manifold spacers etc. probably won't quite do what I had in mind.

I'm aware that moving the turbo won't give more power, other than that from the downpipe cat going, and possibly the less restrictive inlet. It does however seem to offer an easier upgrade path for the future...

I want to stick with the OE ECU for now too, to see how good it can be, so taking the other route of a MY97 manifold & a Link isn't an option for me.

I am hoping that off-the-shelf downpipe & up-pipe can be adapted by a local firm for me for minimal cost, although this may not be possible. (I have only ever tried welding once, so DIY isn't an option, apart from making up patterns )

Does this sound daft? What have I forgotten? Does anyone have a ballpark cost for say H&S to make what I want first time round?

Thanks
Old 15 January 2004, 05:49 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drop me a mail and ill let you in on a secret..

Ok ill offer to help you out.. as its you!