Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

EVC IV (Offset)

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2001, 08:56 PM
scoobs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Could someone explain what the offset is on an EVC IV.. Just had one installed at PS and in order to get 1.15 bar out of it I have to set it to 2.0 bar. I assume this is something to do with the offset.

Help please..

Thanks

Scoobs
Old 29 April 2001, 02:32 AM
Jan Shim
Scooby Regular

It took me two hours to plan and fit the HKS EVC to a customer's STi ver 3. From experience, the plug that needed to go through the firewall is better removed first, slot the wires through then refit once that's done. Saves a lot of stress and effort.

Obviously the people at PS didnt know what they are doing. The HKS EVC is a straightforward piece of equipment. 1 kg/cm² of boost means exactly that, which is also very close to 1 bar boost. Offset is used only to correct boost characteristics (under/over boosts) not boost pressures. Nito has made a great deal of effort to explain in detail how the EVC should be fitted (see link below).

I suspect the hoses may have been installed wrongly. If you want a copy of the English manual, I am more tha happy to have them scanned and email to you. Email me offline please, janshim@brunet.bn
Old 29 April 2001, 08:24 AM
scoobs
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for the replies.

Phil: You may be right.. only one learning run was done on the rolling road, so there is a good chance that it may need to be done again.

Jan: You have mail.

I would like to say that Powerstaion have done a very neat an professional job with the installation of it and would be very happy to have them install other gear. It is probibly that I need to spend more time setting it up.. Could someone explain what the offset is anyway.. Just curiousw.

Thanks
Old 29 April 2001, 12:41 PM
phil_ng
Scooby Regular

Nothing to do with offset. It means the unit wasnt set up correctly. You need to set it in learning mode and redo the acceleration runs as per the instructions. Took my guys at least 2 hours and about a dozen runs to get it right.