Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Will ScoobyMania backbox fit onto standard mid

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2001, 12:13 AM
JoeRazz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Ive saving hard, and about to purchase the Scoobymania backbox.
Being a complete novice, ive seen that its a 3inch complete though system, will the backbox connect onto the standard mid section? or do I need to replace the full exhaust system?.
At the moment, the exhaust is completely standard on MY99.
Old 11 April 2001, 12:36 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Thumbs up

I believe it will

Reason being that I purchased their centre section, which mated to the standard downpipe and backbox. So if this bit fits, so should all the others.

I have now got the full Scoobymania system, backbox is now on, am fitting the downpipe next week

All I can say is you wont be playing your stereo for the duration of the Backbox honeymoon period

Enjoy!!!

Justin
Old 11 April 2001, 04:10 PM
JoeRazz
Scooby Regular

Ive just been to make local exhaust fitting centre and they said that i may need some sort of connector due to the fact that im going from 2.5" on the mid pipe to 3" on the scoobmania backbox.
Has anyone had any experiences with fitting this?.
I need some detailed instructions for fitting the backbox to the standard mid-pipe to tell the fitting centre, so MY99 will roar with the best of em
Old 11 April 2001, 04:37 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Cool

Joe

Its so easy even I can do it

Its just 2 bolts and a bit of fiddling with the rubber hangers. It will fit straight on so don't listen to Kwapfit or the like....

Do it man! Tonight!
Old 11 April 2001, 06:51 PM
Akira
Scooby Regular

Yeah it will fit the standard Mid. Section.

If you pay Kwikfit or the like for fitting a Backbox then you are clinically insane!!

2 Bolts, 3 rubber hangers, 20mins. Job Done and FREE. Plus the satisfaction and knowledge it's been done properly.

Chris.
Old 11 April 2001, 09:20 PM
Karlos
Scooby Regular

JAY M A,

What's the verdict on the Scoobymania system? I was up at Scoobysport yesterday and though their system was quite impressive, if a little loud. How load is the Scoobymania system in comparison? (question is open to anybody!) :-)

Karlos
Old 11 April 2001, 09:26 PM
John H
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi JoeRazz
I am 99.9% sure that when Scoobymania designed the system all the joints in the system are in the same position as the OEM system.That way the system can be fitted piece by piece. Kind off makes sense, doesn't it? Fitting the back-box is easy too with some nice design features to make it even easier; the metal hangers on the back box have bolts and washers on the ends so putting the rubbers on ( oh eerrr !) is easy.

Hope this helps.
John

Trending Topics

Old 11 April 2001, 09:41 PM
John H
Scooby Regular

Smile

Karlos,
This is SO subjective. What one person likes .......Personally I like the extra volume from the fantastic off-beat pulsing from the different length headers but it's generally about on the top limit for me.It is , it must be said , a wonderful sound IMHO. If it's a short journey I'd like it louder still,but on a long journey the std system might be better. ( God, I'm getting old !). But how much extra exhaust volume/enjoyment is too much ? Only you can decide that m8. Suggest you go to a track day or a meet.
I've probably confused you more now..
Apologies !
John