Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Different clutch problem...

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2001, 10:33 AM
Hollywood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All these clutch problems seem to be judders - my MY00 (8K on the clock) has only a slight judder from cold, totally liveable with, not a problem. However what is more worrying is that in traffic or under load, the clutch will emit an audible whine / scraping sound on engaging drive that gets progressively worse the longer I have to sit in the jam in first gear. It will then take many hours to disappear again.

My dealer (Lancaster Pangbourne) have not examined the clutch (as it is a Euro import) but have test driven it and not found any noise or problem - unfortunately the driver didn't sit in traffic in first gear for any period of time, so it didn't really prove anything.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems - maybe this is a precurser to the dreaded judder, so is it worth me pursuing a warranty claim through Subaru Netherlands? Only 5 months left on the warranty y'see...

Cheers, Nick
Old 25 January 2001, 01:24 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 22k my99 turbo does the same thing!

Read somewhere else that it is possibly contamination/glazing (like brake pads do).

Either that or its wear

Seems it it worse when clutch is hot. I'm getting it checked out at next service (due soon) suggest you do the same. Why not arrange to visit dealer when its doing it?

Cheers

D