Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2000, 11:42 AM
Gordon Shek
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi, I've just recently joined. I've also just acquired a Terzo. Superb to say the least! Only thing is, I want to fit a Stainless Steel Exhaust but don't know which one. I want one which will give the car a deep exhaust note and have noticable power gains. I'm not asking for much am I?
Old 24 December 2000, 05:01 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
Welcome Gordon.

A Terzo is a limited edition MY98 UK car, isn't it, with only cosmetic changes?

What you're asking can be easily accomplished (more power and more noise) but even a full exhaust complete with opened up induction won't give you very much more power. (Plenty of noise, though!) You'll need an upgraded ECU for serious power. For an easy fix, just go to your local dealer and order a Prodrive Power Pack which includes a new ECU and a new back-box. £2k, but very potent and fruity, and keeps your warranty fully intact.

There's a vast range of products and services available (hang around here a while and you'll soon catch on) but bearing in mind your location, Falkland Performance in Glenrothes would be worth a visit.
Old 24 December 2000, 05:01 PM
waynelivesey
Scooby Regular

I fitted the magnex back box and middle section.Good build quality at a reasonable price,about £320 for both.Remember that your uk spec car has two cats,one in the middle section and one in the downpipe.
Old 24 December 2000, 05:09 PM
waynelivesey
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by waynelivesey:
[B]I fitted the magnex back box and middle section.Good build quality at a reasonable price,about £320 for both.Remember that your uk spec car has two cats,one in the middle section and one in the downpipe.Removing both the cats gives approx 10BHP increase.
But removing the cats allows the turbo to `spin up` faster giving a much more responsive car!

Old 26 December 2000, 12:31 AM
Dick White
Scooby Regular

hia
i`ve also got a Terzo, but asfar as i am aware, there is no quick-shift fitted to it...its one of the first mods i`m gonna make once that it comes out of warranty( be warned on this point...if you cars still in its warranty period then don`t modify it! Mines going in for a new short engine beginning of Jan. due to piston slap, and its not gonna cost me a penny, thankfully).

Taken from the SIDC FOQ, here the list of mods made to the Terzo....

1.Special mica blue paintwork (similar but not identical to the current WRC cars)
2.Current style 16 inch alloys, but painted gold
3.Air conditioning
4.Alacantra + suede effect interior trim (Same front seats as fitted to recent STi models, but without embroidered STi logo, and red shoulder flashes)
5.Interior number Terzo plaque
6.Cobra 6422 Thatcham Category 1 alarm with remote central locking
7.Side and rear Terzo decals
8.Special Terzo floor mats
9.Non folding rear seat

Hope that helps ... and good luck with the car!

Old 26 December 2000, 06:27 AM
Gordon Shek
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers Guys, I really appreciated for your responses. I've been to Falkland before, nice guys and have also considered the Prodrive Package. But due to the cost of my car insurance (£2000!) and a new flat, the upgrades will have to wait!
Hoppy, the Terzo has air conditioning and quick-shift as standard as well as alcantara seats. I think that is all the difference apart from the exterior differences as you mentioned before. Got a set of Terra lowering springs for my Christmas, anybody ever heard of them?
Old 26 December 2000, 02:01 PM
Gordon Shek
Scooby Regular

Question

Dick
What do you mean by "short engine"? I'm not mechanically minded so please forgive me! I'm curious that's all. The short-shift came with the car when I bought it along with the extra features you mentioned. Do you know if you can reorder the Terzo floor mats? Mine's a bit knackered.
Old 26 December 2000, 06:59 PM
Dick White
Scooby Regular

LOL..i was gonig to mention about the floor mats as i just bought some last week!
They can be bought through your local dealer for £40! ....i was expecting to be paying around £80+ for them, so to say that i was well chuffed was an understatement

On the subject of the short engine, i`m not too sure on what they actually change, suffice to say that it includes a new modified cylinder block and pistons, and from what i`ve heard would cost in the region of £2.5k !!!
Im not too sure whether its actually a brand new modified block, or that of a car that has already been changed over, prehaps some-else could shed soome light on this
Old 26 December 2000, 09:54 PM
António Correia Jr
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi,

Regarding the short engine, I had one fitted recently in Portugal as a consequence of a melted piston and damages to the engine block.
To my understanding, the short engine is exactly that: a new block and pistons. All the other components remain in the car (except any more damaged parts).