Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Off boost power problem

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2000, 10:06 PM
PaulL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope someone out there can shed some light on this (searched the archives but couldn't find anything that sounded the same).

I have a MY99 with SS Backbox and ITG filter.

Once my engine is warmed up and I'm cruising at about 2500rpm (just off boost), it has a tendancy (every now and again) to act as though it running out of petrol - revs start to die and you can feel the car slowing - just for a couple of seconds and then it picks up again. This repeats for a few cycles and then everything feels fine again.
Trouble is, its very intermittant and I just know it'll be fine if I take it to my dealer.

I've filled with fuel a few times since it started so I don't thing bad fuel is a problem - and I've checked that the airfilter isn't clogged with debris.
Everything seems ok.

Initially thought the electrics may be soaked (it was raining) but it has since occurred in the dry.

Any suggestions/help appreciated

Thanks

Paul L
Old 09 November 2000, 07:52 AM
scottgod
Scooby Regular

Mine does a similar thing but feels more like it is waiting to go and gagging for you to nail the pedal on the right. I figured that it was perhaps boost starting to be produced but not having anywhere to go or perhaps the ecu requesting boost and the turbo not quite ready to deliver ??.

cheers scott
Old 09 November 2000, 08:21 AM
BillyHeadcase
Scooby Regular

I have a similar thing with my MY00. Just off boost it pulsates slightly. You can feel it go and stop very slightly. Mines got a PPP and I was told by prodrive to run on either normal unleaded or premium, but not to swap between the two cos it confuses the ECU. As its a company motor and they pay for petrol, I put normal unleaded in...wonder if this has anything to do with it?
Old 09 November 2000, 09:20 AM
scottgod
Scooby Regular

As its a company vehicle and they pay for fuel shouldnt you use super!! LoL.
I run mine on super whenever possible which in this area is not bad but on longer trips not all motorway services supply it. However i havent noticed a marked difference either way.