Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Coolant........

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2000, 01:03 PM
Greg Jones
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Okay I have searched the archives for on this subject and I still haven't created a clear picture in my mind as to how to where to add coolant to my MY97 Sti3.

I posted a question on "liquid whooshing sounds" around a couple of weeks ago on 22b.
Determined that I had some trapped air in my coolant system and maybe needs a little topping up.

Off I went to get some nice 'green' coolant and filled the clear plastic bottle in the front right hand side of the engine bay. The marked level was reached and off I went to drive the liquid around the system.
On inspection of the radiator 'box' on the middle left hand side (scary metallic cap with warnings on) the level appears to be at the bottom of this little box. No change.

Do I also need to fill this 'box' up with coolant? Or is the clear container the only one I need to fill.

Confused Greg
Old 17 August 2000, 01:53 PM
Steve Lawson
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Greg,yes you also need to fill up the box(header tank).As mentioned before give me a holler at work 0208 394 2262 and I will try to guide you through it over the phone.

Regards

Steve
Old 17 August 2000, 02:55 PM
Greg Jones
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks a million for the fax. Topped up the fluids and will go ahead with the fuse job tonight. Can't wait.

Thanks again.

Greg