Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Clutch sticking?

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2000, 09:34 PM
ITWW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I let my mate have a quick drive of me car, and on the way out of his drive he stalled it so it looks like he was having some trouble with the cluth, anyway we only went round the corner but he did give it a bit of stick.
On the way home today the pedal has got stuck. Not all the way to the floor but kind of in the middle, at the point where if you were pushing it with your hand you would have to push harder. All I do is put my toe behind it and pop it back up, its gettin a little annoying though.
I had the clutch replace 10,000 miles ago, and my old one lasted 70,000 hard miles. There was also NO clutch smell after he drove it. Is it just coincidance or has he broke something? HELP!
Old 13 July 2000, 12:42 AM
ransj
Scooby Regular

My clutch did and it was put down to a warn clutch release bearing. Like you I had to use my foot to lift the pedal back up.

I don't know what would suddenly cause the clutch to do this - bearing overheating (clutch drag)? very quick application of clutch?

When my clutch was changed they did the full kit (friction plate, cover and bearing) - since then it has been fine.

Simon
Old 14 July 2000, 03:25 PM
denheer
Scooby Newbie

Lightbulb

It happened to me when I was at the beach with my Scooby and was giving it a hard time.

At a sudden point I was making very small turns making about 5000revs. after doing this a few minutes my clutch pedal was stuck to the bottum. After letting it cool down for half an hour it was allright again.
Old 14 July 2000, 03:27 PM
Greg Jones
Scooby Regular

Yep, I posted a similar thread a couple of months back and a few people actually had experienced this too.

My clutch was taken apart and cleaned etc..., all worked for the best part of a month then returned.
It was an MY96 WRX for FYI.
If you do a search there were different solutions to this problem.

Hope this helps.

Got an Sti3 now so no probs...