Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

(UK-specific) Power Engineering Phase 1 conversion - are you abou t to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 1999, 12:04 AM
mike_nunan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Hi All,

If anyone out there is seriously considering this upgrade for their STi or WRX, you might like to contact me, as I have some (positive) information that might be of use to you. Sorry for being mysterious about this, but I have my reasons, not least that with all the recent controversy I am painfully aware that this is a minefield and I don’t want to make any public statements that might be misconstrued.

For the record, I have the upgrade on my STi4, and I am happy and satisfied with both the car’s performance and PE’s services. My car endured its first serious track event at Donington, where I made full use of the performance and rev-range will no ill effects. In fact, the engine seemed better for having had a good clear-out. Obviously, these comments apply to my car and my car only, and I wouldn’t wish to pass an opinion regarding other owners’ problems. That my car has been one of PE’s success stories is not to say they have never made an error in their lives, but hopefully those reading this will appreciate that any engineer who claims otherwise is very probably a liar.

TTFN

-= mike nunan =-
Old 18 December 1999, 12:32 AM
mike_nunan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Just to say, I'm off e-mail for a fortnight now, but if you want to contact me about this matter, please call me on 0973-187547. Please note that if you don't have a 97/98MY WRX or STi, then this won't be relevant to you.

TTFN

-= mike =-