Air Temp Sensor in Hot Climate

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 1999, 03:33 PM
SMazabow
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Air Temp Sensor Location.

I have a Blitz Induction kit fitted to my 22B.

I have also wondered what the sensor is in the remaining black tube thing that hangs over the water spray bottle?

After all the mail concerning this unit over the last few days and concidering that the average temperature in summer is around 25C, what benefit is the Blitz Induction kit?

If the induction kit is sucking hot air from under the bonnet and the air sensor is also exposed to the same hot air, would it not be better to replace the original airbox with a K&N filter?

The other alternate is to remove the cover on the hood, but it rains everyday and this will cause a problem ?

So what do I do ?

Old 24 November 1999, 03:53 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

There's lot's of hoo-haa about hot air under the bonnet affecting an induction kit, but this is only really true when the vehicle isn't moving, or going slow.
Once you are in motion, the air under the bonnet cools anyway with the airflow from the front.
Probably poo, but that's what I've been told.

Stef.
Old 24 November 1999, 05:01 PM
firefox
Scooby Regular

Cool

Howdy..

Reet then.. the sensor above the water spray bottle is an air temp/density sensor.

An induction kit will give a better throttle response (when combined with a free flow exhaust).

It has been proven, that once moving, there is hardly any temp difference between an open air filter and a panel filter (original box) - a couple of degrees.

StePHy is correct.. the difference occurs when the car is stationary.. the ambient temp rises and heat soak occurs... but once the car moves, everything is cooled down within a few seconds..

J.

ps - If you are really concerned about heat...fit a cold air induction box...or cold air indcution scoop...or a heat shield

[This message has been edited by firefox (edited 24-11-1999).]