Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Which Modification 1st?

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 1999, 12:07 AM
Remy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have just got hold of my very 1st Scoob.
The Car is a MY97 in Silver with Prodrive
goodies that were fitted from birth;

-Quickshift
-17" Twinspoke Wheels
-Interior
-Exhaust System

The car is just totally awesome and yeah, you could say I was happy with my choice.

However ....... all you other Scoobie owner's are a bad influence. No sooner had I viewed a couple of Scoob related site's on the Net than I felt the urge to spend some of my hard earned.

The Question then is thus;

What do I do first?

(i) I get the "blowing across the top of a bottle" noise from the dump valve on full boost. Therefore one of my ideas was to replace this with an aftermarket product.
Which one, any improvements in performance and where from?

(ii) ITG and Ramair panel filters see to be in vogue, any views?

(iii) Must change the ICE, already have some Infinity Kappa 6"x9"'s. Any notes on fitting of the rear speakers and routing of cables front to rear?

(iv) As I am based near Leicester in the UK, has anyone had any dealing's with
Graham Goode, good or bad?

And finally, does anyone want to start a club meet in the Leicester/Loughborough area?

Any help/comments much appreciated.

Cheers

Remy
Old 20 October 1999, 12:52 AM
Benny Boy
Scooby Regular

Cool

Remy

You'll find under events a meet this w/e in Nottingham area.

You might find that the Prodrive conversion already has the Ramair fitted assuming that you have the performance conversion.

Is your car still under warranty? If so, then it is worth having the dealer fix your milk bottle.

I know nothing about ICE.

Reference Graham Goode you must remeber that the tuning market is full of good and bad guys. GGR are supplying product to the Subaru market and have a professional website and approach. They are quite busy at the moment I've been told by the man himself and so can only recommend that you see for yourself. If you are looking at tuning work then I would be more specific and ask around both the BBS and other tuners.

Kind Regards

Ben
MY97 is my favourite 'coz of the big turbo!!

Old 20 October 1999, 03:58 PM
Remy
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Cheers for the advice Ben.

Rem
Old 20 October 1999, 04:10 PM
pilch
Scooby Regular

Personally I am going for a Blitz stainless induction kit. I've heard good things about them.
You already have an exhaust upgrade. Nuff said. Unless you want a tuned pipe of course...

I've had good, friendly service from GGR (Simon especially). They had a supply problem, but that was not their fault. They are also eager to accept advice from end users (us!) as to product problems (like my white dial conversion, see other post).

Maybe you should take a trip to Power Engineering and get them to try some different hardware. They will graph the performance changes for you, and keep a running history of performance changes.

Welcome and enjoy!

pilch
Old 20 October 1999, 07:38 PM
LEE.R
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Remy if you decide to go to the mids meet on sunday drop us a mail we could meet and Ill dive up with you.
lee@rowley3273.freeserve.co.uk
Old 22 October 1999, 08:46 AM
Julian Rowland
Scooby Regular

Remy

Congratulations on your new car, Sounds nice!

With regards to Ice, the cable runs are pretty easy down either sill ( where a cable channel exists) or down either side of the transmission tunnel. On my car (MY99) the left side of the car has less cables so I used this for a hefty power cable. You can get speaker wires through the grommets into the front door which takes a 6 inch speaker and has a fair amount of depth {my car coped with Dynaudio speakers}.

The rear shelf is a bit fiddly to take out (check out FAQ on the website). You need to remove a fair amount of trim inc. the interior c pillar trim which need a long screwdriver to easy the clips out. Appparently some 6 * 9's will fit more easily than others. The standard speakers are mounted on a metal plate which you may need to trim with some tin nibblers. It isn't difficult just a bit time consuming.

Good luck. Final tip - dynamat behind front speakers.

Julian