Blitz Nur Spec exhaust - a report

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 1999, 07:52 PM
DaveU
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Dave,

If this was the exhaust freeby from Race-logic - you just beat me to it!!! (grrr!)

I'm still tempted though - what's the resonance like - does it sound really bad or is it quite cool? I know the old model was ridiculously loud, how loud is this one? If i'm not being too cheeky i wouldn't mind a listen (if you're not a million miles away - i live in High Wycombe)??
Also - does the backbox hang low under the car ie will it get scraped on speed bumps?

Cheers

Dave
Old 08 October 1999, 09:01 PM
Jonathan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I tried the original Blitz exhaust at PE. It only took me 5 minutes driving it to realise it had to go. Prior to that it had a blitz back box and K&N. Interestingly whilst the backbox only option was identical in routing to the STI unit the full system wasnt. It didnt exit straight either and took a hour just to try to hang it without it banging.
In addition the noise was unbearable. Nice sound but on long journeys !!. The other thing to bear in mind is if you intend to do track days, will it pass the noise test.

We did a dyno run before and after. Compared to the backbox only it lost power below 4500 (approx 12 bhp and lbft), but gained above that, but only a maximum of 8bhp and lbft. If my memory serves me right.

The interesting thing would be to take this system off and just use a backbox and see how it compares.

The best combination Ive seen so far is PE full exhaust inc downpipe. That gained 48lbft lowdown.

Jonathan
5 minutes form High Wycombe
Old 09 October 1999, 06:39 PM
Scott Lowe
Scooby Regular

I've just fitted a Blitz Nur-Spec full system to my car, and agree it is very noisy, but that's with the removable silencing pipe removed. It's not an Impreza, but it's the same exhaust as that available for the Impreza so I would have thought this silencing pipe was standard. With it fitted the noise is totally bareable, but without it it's bloody loud!
Old 19 October 1999, 10:32 PM
howardb
Scooby Regular

Dave has returned the exhaust to us. So it's up for grabs again.

Contact Julian Thomas @ Racelogic (www.racelogic.co.uk) to get your hands on it. All you need to do is pay for delivery and arrange to have it fitted.

It doesnt come with the silencer pipe, though there is no reason why one cant be fitted later.

[This message has been edited by howardb (edited 19-10-1999).]
Old 20 October 1999, 01:15 AM
N/A
Scooby Regular

Do you have the email address to the guy with the exhaust? Any idea as to if they have the insert to the exhaust?