Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Dump valve for MY99

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 1999, 06:07 PM
Maddog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a Bailey piston type dump valve for MY99 Uk turbo from a tuning firm but couldn`t supply fitting kit for it as it is different to MY98. Anyone know of any company who can supply one?.
Have been waiting nearly a month now for one to be developed by this firm.
Also, re-dump valves, how important is the pressure required to operate the dump valve? For example if spring pressure is too great then valve wouldn`t dump thus causing turbo impeller to stall.
Any info on this would be appreciated.
Old 15 July 1999, 09:45 PM
Swiss Steve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of a 555 met-blue "WRX" (at least, that's what they call it)limited edition MY99 when I move to Switzerland (from Holland) in 3 weeks.
When I visited the dealer down there a few weeks back and had a good look over the car(filming with the 8mm video camera to help endure the long wait till I actually get it - sad, eh?) I could see what looked like a dump valve mounted on the front or bottom end cap of the i'cooler (facing the inlet manifold).
Talking directly with PRODRIVE about their upgrades in Switzerland, they told me the car had a dump valve (of sorts ?) already fitted (is this the thing I'm referring to ?).
Also - I read somewhere (SIDC FAQ ?) that you shouldn't fit a dump valve that vents to atmosphere as it confuses the management system, and it should vent back into the inlet - which is what the thing I refer to appeared to do.
If yr Bailey valve is anything like the one they sell for the Ford RS Turbo (talking of which - I'm just trying to get rid of my '85 model RST) it vents to atmosphere.

This is my first post.
Hope one of the more knowledgable members can confirm.

In case yr wondering about the name, is it because I'm built like an alp and ridged like a Toblerone ? No. it's because I can watch the Fast Show with Sky Digital !