Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Had new Oxy sensor fitted - lambdalink not reading!

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2003, 05:29 PM
Abbylad
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

To try and cure generally crap idle i`ve had a new oxygen sensor fitted by dealer while i`ve been away. Got back today and picked car up and lambda-link isn`t reading a stitch, the power light is on and i`ve checked wiring which is still ok.

So..........

surely the Oxy sensor is the cause of this eh? but what has it done? could it have been the wrong oxy sensor? thing is car idles spot on now, but i`m guessing that its running lean due to nothing on the lambdalink??????? no activity on the knocklink, and none of that closed loop lark on the lambdalink at idle either. Anyone`s thoughts on whats happened please

Cheers

Ab

[Edited by Abbylad - 10/2/2003 5:41:38 PM]
Old 03 October 2003, 12:05 PM
Abbylad
Scooby Regular

took car out last night, check engine light came on and got code 32 (oxy sensor!) car was running like bag of sh!te from the moment i turned the key. Guess thats why lambdalink not reading anything. can someone confirm please?
Old 03 October 2003, 12:53 PM
The_Judge
Scooby Regular

Do you know if they fitted a universal one, or a "Subaru" one? Although, thinking about it, they might both be Bosch. Did they crimp onto your existing wires, and if so, did they crimp the correct wires? Are the crimps still in place and secure?

Seems strange you say when you got the car back, it was fine at first? I suppose it's possible, but highly unlikely, that the new sensor was duff or nearly duff. Seeing as it was a dealer who sorted it for you, and no doubt charged you a pretty penny for the pleasure, get on the phone to them and have a quiet word in their shell-like.

Regards,

Ade.
Old 03 October 2003, 11:27 PM
Abbylad
Scooby Regular

been on the blower and the dealer put a second hand one they had to see if it solved the problem while waiting for a brand new one to arrive, must`ve been one that was on the edge of being fooked.........and i fooked it!!!!!!! back in on wednesday fongers crossed
Old 04 October 2003, 05:16 AM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
If not the Lambda sensor, could it be the Idle Control Valve, that is causing poor idle?

Symptoms?