Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Help Tone Loc..!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2003, 08:53 AM
dominicm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tony,

Just got back from 2 weeks in rainy Spain, my car has had the earthing mod and the bosch coils fitted and guess what...the gauge is still stuck on Rich mixture on tick over!?!?!?!

I haven't done the ECU earthing mod. as my car is going to Branko's and Bob's to have the waterspray module fitted in a couple of weeks so I'll hopefully get them to have another look!

What did the garage change on your car??

On the plus side the coils have cured the hesitation at low rev's and I'm hitting 1 bar of boost well before 3000rpm....very nice!!

Cheers
Dom.
Old 03 June 2003, 08:56 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Smile

Dom... see the other thread. Be typing a reply while you were typing this .

Tony.
Old 03 June 2003, 09:07 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Just checked my receipt..... the PCV valve has a part number 11810AA000 and it cost £9.68 inc vat. They had to remove the intercooler to get at it as it's under the inlet manifold.

What ECU do you have.... guessing it's a link?

Tony.
Old 03 June 2003, 02:36 PM
dominicm
Scooby Regular

Good Guess! The car is running superbly apart from the Lambda link! I had a bit of a run last night and the coils have made quite a bit of difference, boost comes on slightly earlier and I'm peaking at about 21psi, settling back down to about 18psi! It ticks over and runs off boost a lot smoother now which I'm guessing is the coils and not the earthing Mod....who knows!

I will speak to my mechanics about the Purge valve and as it is not expensive I'll change it to see if it is the cure. Let me know what your garage says.

Now what next........??

Cheers
Dom.
Old 03 June 2003, 02:40 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Will do.... i still can't understand why a faulty PCV valve would make that much difference to the AFR ratio. Unless the ecu knows it's faulty and does this on purpose.... if so i'd expect a CEL tho?

I'll let you know the outcome on Thursday.

If you've had the coils done you must have a pre97 car.... are you running a peak boost of 21psi on the TMIC or have you gone front mount? If so which one did you go for?

Tony.
Old 04 June 2003, 08:27 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Looks like it will be Friday now before i an take it down to the garage.... i'll still let you know ASAP tho.

Tony.
Old 04 June 2003, 10:06 AM
dominicm
Scooby Regular

At the moment I still using the standard STI TMIC, my car is a
MY95 and I guess I will need to improve the air cooling if I want to raise the boost anymore!

To be honest I think I'll leave the car alone for the rest of the summer after the water spray Mod. has been fitted and the Lambda Link is sorted.

The Scoob is my second car and I usually change this annually, I try and do at least 6 track days per year. I've got a feeling that I might keep the Scoob for another year, if I do I'll defo. go for a FMIC and larger turbo!

What spec. is your car?

Dom.