Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

ECUTEK 2 - worth the money???

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2003, 08:10 PM
vasco dg
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening folks,
first post on the 'net and loking for a bit of advice. At the moment trying to convince myself to head of to PE and get a TEK 2 done. Had the TEK 1 done a year ago and definitely noted an improvement over the standard ECU (MY00 - 'Classic')- RR run following conversion produced 238BHP and 218Lb ft on 95 unleaded . Question is how much of an improvement would I get with the TEK 2?

I've done a search and from what I can see I would expect to get in the region of 250BHP and about the same torque, but what I'm after is an idea of how much quicker the car feels on the road - and hence whether its worth the money. Also,have the following questions:
a) Have seen that a couple of owners noted a reduction in performance after a while. Can anyone shed any light on this?

b) What difference would a SS backbox make. Have one, but not on the car at the minute. Is it worth putting this back on? If I don't put it on, what would be the reduction?.

c) Are there any reliability issues that people have had with a TEK 2'd car. Really don't want to pay out the money and then watch the engine go bang!

Sorry if these seem old hat, but would value any opinions.

Thanks in advance

V dg

(My car standard except TEK 1, ITG filter and option of ss backbox)

Old 06 April 2003, 08:41 PM
chrome
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bttt