Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Fitting instructions for SPA fuel pressure, oil temp and pressure gauges

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2003, 09:47 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
T-uk is getting some of these but there are no instructions and the fittings seem lacking, not sure if they are generic items or what. He will fill in any details, but anyone have any information that we will find useful fitting them? Any extra bits needed/hints/tips/etc.

Please leave in Drivetrain, no one will reply in Interior.

[Edited by john banks - 2/18/2003 9:47:57 PM]
Old 18 February 2003, 10:01 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

John,

Have you tried contacting SPA Design direct (UK or US) or even Scoobymania for help?

Spa Group
01827 288382
sales@spa-uk.com

Spa Technique, Inc.
001 317 271 7941
patrick@spatechnique.com

Stefan
Old 18 February 2003, 10:04 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm fitting the spa boost/temp gauge at the moment but don't know how much help I will be. I'm attempting to fit the oil temp sensor in the blanking plug above number 3 cylinder. Ordered a sort of adaptor from my local subaru dealer which should arrive tomorrow which is supposed to allow the sensor to take it's reading from that cylinder rather than from the sump. Only major problem I've found so far is trying to get the wires through the bulkhead as the grommet I'm feeding them through isn't huge and the wires are terminated at both ends in rather large connectors so I've had to dismantle the plug that goes into the gauge (wasn't easy and nearly bust several pins) Can't help with the pressure one though unless it is boost,in which case I'm trying to fit the boost sensor into a threaded hole on the back of the inlet manifold which is supposed to be the same size but so far I have failed every attempt to remove the blanking plug from the hole. Going to get a mechanic friend to have a look in a few weeks time
Old 18 February 2003, 10:09 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Hopefully T-uk will be able to crack the tough nuts and I will sort the wires, but it doesn't sound like a knuckle friendly job, but he likes his gauges
Old 19 February 2003, 03:58 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Bugger! the temp sensor is a different thread to the subaru plug so I'm gonna have to get the temp sensor thread re-done slightly Can you ask T-uk to let me know how he gets on as I can't really do much to mine for a few weeks now and any problems he might have could help me a little

[Edited by Charlie H - 2/19/2003 3:59:43 PM]
Old 19 February 2003, 04:02 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
speak to harvey.

David
Old 19 February 2003, 04:26 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Oil temp & pressure I found easy - Scoobymania do a thread conversion thingy for the top of cylinder 3, & the oil pressure one is the same thread size as the hole down the back of the alternator, from what I remember. Also, the sender's small enough (just!) to fit in without an adaptor.
Can't help with the fuel pressure bit I'm afriad...

Trending Topics

Old 20 February 2003, 09:16 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Wink

cheers all,

as jb has said I,(or rather he,since I did the gearbox for him ),should be fitting the spa oil pressure/temp and fuel/boost pressure gauges to my car.

can anyone tell me the size and thread needed to screw into the scooby block above no3 cylinder?.I am guessing that all model years are the same and the 2litre block jb has here looks m18 but the only thing I have here that fits is a lambda probe.

the pressure should screw into the hole down the back of the alternator as nom said but I will have to "t" something up to keep the standard switch in the system,doubt there will be much room for both,how did you do it nom? I seem to recall harvey getting a hose made up for this,is this what you did?

the fuel/boost are still not here but I will bet they are just as much fun

edit:wher the fork is spoll chec these days?

[Edited by T-uk - 2/20/2003 9:28:42 PM]
Old 20 February 2003, 09:33 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

I was lazy with the oil pressure & just ditched the oem one. Pretty pointless anyway - tells you if your engine's blown, which I'd have thought you wouldn't need a little red light for
Loads'a junk on Chiark's site about fittings & stuff. Might have the sizes on it? Couldn't find it myself but I was lazy & just bought the converter from Scoobymania - thought I had a 'spare' one actually, but can't find the thing... sorry!
Old 20 February 2003, 09:52 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Smile

thanks nom,will probably get a 25psi switch at the same time to make my wee red light more use .