Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Exhaust, Exhausts, exhausted, exhausting... Why, Wot and Which one

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2003, 03:34 AM
dazzaTypeR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right...

I really wanna get that decent boxer throb from my Type R but not being overly experienced in scoobs could do with some good advice and pointers.

What will give me the best results with out costing me arm and a leg. Do I change the down pipe, mid section, back box or what. can I do these in stages as my misses has planned a very lavish honeymoon and and I can see my wallet sufering already.

Should I start with the manifold, if so why, what diff will it make.

What effect does changing the down pipe have, does it have a cat/pre cat etc and will it effect performance, reliability and noise. (whats a twin dump what not).

Mid/centre section, de-cat, is it worth it, what gains will I get, whats best out there.

Back box, I really like the look of the HKS, Blitz jobbies, these seem the top end of the price bracket, are they worth it...

I'm not overly bothered by noise as I never gun through towns and the only time I'm generally in town is when I'm actually let her cool down after a spirited drive, would just love the deep rumble I've heard on many other cars and an increase in performance would be a bonus.

Sorry if this all seems like I'm a tad thick but I really wanna get it right.

Thanks in advance

dazza.

P.S. I'm planning on the gauges going in next and could do with some good info on these aswell as what are the essential gauges and what the monitor and why, so if there are any decent threads gone by in the past a link would be much apprieciated.

cheers again
Old 07 February 2003, 08:38 AM
scoobyexhausts
Scooby Regular

i would go for the full system it will give you around 25 bhp increase (which is a full decat system) The full system is £505 + vat from Hayward & Scott and you can have any type off tail pipe you like. Also you dont have to buy the hole lot at once as it is all interchangeable with the standard system.
Or you could go for the after burner back box from Scooby World which looks like the blitz and hks back boxes but not as expensive and it gives a very nice noise www.scoobyworld.co.uk.you can also buy gauges from scooby world as well.
Old 07 February 2003, 08:42 AM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

I went for the scoobysport downpipe and definitely love that and went with the Blitz NUR spec R.

You have to remember, if you change the downpipe taking out the cat, you may have troubles at MOT time so you have to put the original cat back on. Its a pain the **** and more money (unless you do it yourself)