Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Big thanks to Pat/Pete Croney/Ecutek!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2003, 02:06 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Firstly let me say I usually hate threads that 'thank' commercial organisations for selling them a product,but I feel this is different.There was a problem with the Tek installed on my car.Pat spent 3-4 full days trying to sort this out for me.He would give me a day sometimes at 24hrs notice that was conveniant for me.Pete during this time let us use his premises and his tools/people.He even let us 'rob' parts from his car to fit to mine to exclude them as being the cause(ie MAF sensor etc).
Still the car would not run properly.Pete and Pat then picked up my car from my house and drove it to PE where Merv and Steve Done got involved.The problem was finally found and was(probably) a faulty speed delimiter.My car was dropped off at 7.30pm so Pat and Pete probably did not get home until gone 9.00pm.As it turned out the fault was not theirs that we had problems in the first place.
Both Pat and Pete have bent over backwards to solve this problem for me in a very professional manner.Thank you very much.
ps car achieved 325 BHP at 7krpm (approx 300 torque) at 1bar boost.Due to the jap speed limiter they could'nt past 7k revs.When this is resolved and the boost is turned to a comfortable 1.3 bar I think 340 BHP is going to be easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 31 January 2003, 02:09 PM
carlos_hiraoka
Scooby Regular

is your car a JDM STi ver 7 ?
Old 31 January 2003, 02:19 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

yes
Old 31 January 2003, 03:00 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Thanks Deep

As you know it was becoming a bit personal (between us and your car, that is) and we wanted to get to the bottom of it.

Don't forget that we now have the Ecutek software revision to remove the speed limiter, when you are next over

... and, the 325bhp was before the ecu had done any self learning. The figure should be around 345bhp by now
Old 31 January 2003, 03:17 PM
Razor2001
Scooby Regular

Hi Pete,

To clarify,

If I sent my ECU over you could pop on a preset map that would:

1) delimit speed restrictor

2) map car for bigger boost (ie: 1.3 bar or whatever is safe)

3) map it for 98RON gas

4) map it for hot climate

What are the chances that there will be any problems with a 'ecu by mail'. Should I wait a little longer to make sure *all* bugs have been sorted as when the ecu arrives back here I will be 'stuck' with it.

Is there anyway for the ecu to unlearn the new maps. ie: dead battery for several days, reset of ecu, etc ?

Cheers,
Ray

ps: as you know: Car is a **JDM** STI-7 with full scooby sport turbo back catless zorst 1.25mm restrictor

Does the restrictor go back to the OEM size or is the 1.25mm kept after remap ?
Old 31 January 2003, 03:20 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Cool

Deep, so you didn't go for a Unichip after all then ?

Good to hear you are finally happy
Old 31 January 2003, 03:47 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Hi Ray

We can do this and are doing it for a customer in Trinidad. Because we don't actually test it on your car, our mail order map is a little bit more conservative than Deep's map, but will be a huge improvement over standard.

We have rewritten the boost control tables so it does not overboost on the standard restrictor and you must swap back to the standard one when you use our maps.

The maps become as permanent as the factory maps were. You cannot lose them by disconnecting the battery or using DD reset. If you do either of these though, you will reset the self learning which the ecu adds to our maps, just the same as it does now on the factory map. It will then take approx 100 miles for the ecu to work out its correction tables and for the last bit of power to be added.

LOL at EvilB
Old 31 January 2003, 05:31 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Theo,I'm working my way up to the Unichip(LOL)
Old 31 January 2003, 06:11 PM
Razor2001
Scooby Regular

Thanks Pete,

I am strongly considering it. Just don't know if I can be without my car for a week - 2 weeks.

Cheers,
Ray