Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Mods Required For My Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2003, 05:05 PM
Telephonewire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Have recently purchased a 95 Legacy GT Twin Turbo and am looking for what modifications can be done (within reason) to obtain a bit more power and / or reduce the valley of death (VOD) in the torque curve, also where can I buy the bits or who can do the work.

I have searched the archives but can’t find anything particularly useful.

On a different subject when accelerating hard under full boost the car often feel like it is running out of breath around 5500rpm – 6000rpm at which point I am thinking it’s about time to change up then suddenly another surge of boost / torque comes along and whisks the car up to 6500rpm. What I am trying to say is that even when the boost is up the boost pressure does not always seem to be steady but surges a bit causing erratic acceleration sensations. Is this simply an inherent system effect or might the boost control bits be a bit sticky?

On a different subject again I am getting a burning oil smell coming from the right hand cylinder bank. I am hoping it is coming from a leaky gasket seal on the cam cover rather than a more serious leaky head gasket seal. It’s very difficult to see anything down there especially when the weather is so dark and wet at the moment. Does anyone know if this is the likely problem and if it is a common problem?

Many thanks !