Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

safe way of changing fuel type?

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2003, 03:50 PM
matt b.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

so, for my new job i now have to do lots of miles a week and though i am used to my scoobys insatiable thirst for go-juice and additive, im finding it a real pain in the *ss travelling everywhere via optimax pumps, which means lots of extra miles every week just to get to the poxy stuff. which of course means i need more fuel and so it goes on. yawn...

so my question is this... what other fuel can i run my 94 wrx on (with additive) that wont cause me to go bang, or can i do something about the fuel type that the ecu is asking for. If it helps i have a PROVA ecu, a dawes device (stock boost though) an afr and the usual filter etc mods, but no knock link. any suggestion swould be greatly appreciated. also, if i knock the boost down to "no fun" levels will the car be less thirsty? If i cant do something about this crappy situation, the car will have to go, and this means whining the likes of which youve never heard.

for example, am i ok to run on normal sul for periods where i cannot be bothered to drive via optimax. if so which is the best and safest sul, or are they much of a muchness?

Yours, desperate to get home quicker,
Matt B.

P.s Happy New Year all!!

Look i know this is a boring subject thats ben done to death but i have searched for hours and cannot find what i need to know. is there no-one out there that can offer any advice at all? anyone? anything?

[Edited by matt b. - 1/2/2003 4:08:10 PM]

[Edited by matt b. - 1/2/2003 10:03:41 PM]