Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

CEL!

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2002, 01:58 AM
Mr.M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I'm completely fed up with this car of mine, i'm hoping in vain that somebody here knows what the problem could be.

The problem started about 2 weeks in to owning the car. CEL would come on around 5 - 5.5k rpm accelerating thru' 3rd to 4th gear. The car has been in to dealer as they suspected faulty cam sensor, that has been replaced but still the CEL comes on. ECU (PPP btw) and still fault occurs.

Dealer is scratching there heads over this one, and so are Subaru uk who are also baffled by this!

I've been told that the next step is to check all the engine wiring harness to see if a fault exists there.

Question - At what point do you throw in the towel and tell IM your not happy with the car (considering i've been in and out of the dealer network every 2 weeks since owning the ******* car) and really am pi**ed off with it?

What comeback do i have with IM over this issue?

Anybody had similar issues with their car and got IM to compensate them for the inconvenience/trouble the car has caused them?

Completely fed up with car now, my only option is to get rid of it asap (whether i go for another subaru is another question after this episode!)

Well and truly hacked off!

Mark

[Edited by Mr.M - 11/3/2002 1:59:04 AM]