Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Is this right!

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2002, 06:43 PM
gene1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,Have my99 and just fitted blitz ss dump valve,the book with it shows the pipe coming from the original r/c dump being plugged with a bung and then the VTA blitz being fitted to the intercooler and then small bore piping to maniflod as the original.
All the d/valves ive fitted to other cars have always been into the intercooler pipe and no probs,but wondered if ive done this correct by putting the bung into the old large bore pipe as theyve shown.
The reason for this worry is ive just took it round the block and am getting real loud backfire bangs right in the middle of gearchange with clutch dumped in.
Am running normal boost with blitz sus ind kit and downpipe to end backbox straight through with no cats.
Is this ok as am sh*****g it whether to go back out again in a bit in case ive done something wrong.
Many thanks for any replies in advance
Gene
Old 21 October 2002, 06:47 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't see any problem with what you have done re fitting, but a feature of the VTA is richness when it is venting as the MAF sensor has already metered that air which "should" be recirculated, so the same fuel for a smaller mass of air = rich = possible pops, flames, bangs etc. Some fit them for this reason.
Old 21 October 2002, 07:02 PM
gene1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice one John,
Just had bad vibes that plugging the old pipe that used to take the air back in on the old r/c valve was wrong,even tho the book and its japenese scrawl did show that to be correct.
If im running sus ind kit and people sometomes say they make it run lean,and also VTA dump valve which some people say make it run rich,would this even out my mixture do you think.
My next step was to uprate the ecu and have all the mixtures etc set to the new mapping,but if getting the other ecu takes some time where could i have my existing set up checked local in the mean time,and what would be the cost?
Gene
Old 21 October 2002, 07:35 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They make it rich and lean under different conditions - induction kit under full load makes it leaner, VTA DV under lift off makes is richer.