Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Clutch pedal query???

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2002, 10:01 PM
skoobyRA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could anyone advise on something that seems to be happening with my clutch pedal.When I depress clutch sometimes the pedal doesn't feel right,hard to explain exactly but if I let pedal off then depress it again it feels fine.Seems to be doing it more often recently though and am a bit concerned that I might press pedal one day and it might not operate clutch.Is there some sort of ratchet at top of pedal as I recall a Ford I had some years ago used to do a similar thing to this but you could hear the ratchet clicking on that when it slipped.Hoping someone might know about this. Cheers Martin.
Old 10 October 2002, 10:10 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think all scooby clutches are hydraulic, the ratchet thingy was for cable adjustment, it may be that you clutch needs bleeding, new fluid can work wonders.
Ron.
Old 10 October 2002, 10:12 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

I had something similar in my 200sx.... turned out to be the slave cylinder was leaking slightly. The pressure would drop a little between clutch presses so the pedal felt spongy when first pushed but when the pedal came back up and was pressed again right away it seemed ok. Lasted like that for about a week then decided to dump the rest of the clutch fluid all over the tarmac.

If your car has just started doing this try the following. If not...better get someone who knows more about scoobs to help you

I'd check your fluid reservoir level. Then get in the car and pump the clutch a few dozen times and check the level again. it shouldn't change. Also check under the car for wet patches (hydraulic fluid).

Also.... if you find a way to adjust the height of the clutch pedal...lemme know cuz mine sits lower than the brake and it's really annoying.

cheers,

Marty.
Old 11 October 2002, 12:39 AM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

not all scoobs are hydraulic some ae cable i.e every thing bar turbos and 2.5 and late 2.0l. if it's a turbo make sure there is a spring still connected to the clutch armi if not the slave cylinder piston can move back with every day running and will need a couple of presses to get back to normal.