Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Full decat is on.

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2002, 12:05 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Had it done yesterday. I am now the proud owner of the down and mid pipes supplied and fitted for £303. (Magnex)
My initial reaction was "oooooooooooh the sound" it is awsome. You can really hear the turbo, the wastegate and a fantastic deep rumble. Although you can hear it on the motorway it's not all that intrusive. Have the tunes on and you wouldn't notice.
As far as power is concerned, i've only really had it on the motorway, however i have noticed it fires to the redline, and hits three figure speeds significantly quicker than before.
I would say that i've gained a much stronger pick up from around 2600rpm as opposed to the 3000rpm before.
I'm off to play on the back roads and i'll post later with the my opinion of the new improved B road blast!
Old 22 August 2002, 04:20 PM
shunty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I have the same setup & sounds awesome.....get a full K'n'N induction kit on as well, that finishes it off nicely for us part time modders
I got mine doen the same time as my chip, so I noticed a huge difference on mine.

What does make me laugh is one of my neighbours who has a modded saxo, told me that when I redline my car in first on the way out to work it sounds great, it's never been over 3000rpm as we live in a cul-de-sac
I red lined it for him whilst stationary, & his eyes nearly popped out

shunty
Old 22 August 2002, 05:55 PM
elgordano
Scooby Regular

I get mine next week.....can't wait !!

Gordo
Old 22 August 2002, 06:08 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

K&N already in place, along with forge, Eibach and one or two other bits.
The backlanes were fun, over took someone on one of my fave bits of road, didn't need to knock it into second, stayed in third and powered past. I wouldn't say 4th feels like 3rd and 3rd like 2nd ect, but the power band is a lot wider. The power feels really strong from around 2600rpm all the way to 7000rpm. The sound is ok at tickover but all hell breaks lose when i go for it. Great!
Old 22 August 2002, 07:11 PM
elgordano
Scooby Regular

You sound like you've got a very similiar setup to me.
Roll on next Friday !!

Old 23 August 2002, 01:34 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Up until now i've only used it during the daytime with very warm temperatures, and thinking about it i'm not getting that sluggish feeling usually associated with it.
That was then, this is now -
I have just come back from our lasses. A slight chill in the air, raining + open road. All i can say is f*************ck me. Massive difference in the cooler air. I cant even begin to describe the power. The car just went faster and faster (to 70 mph lol).