Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Can I fit a Scoobysport Downpipe without chuffing my warranty

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2002, 02:23 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Picking up car on Saturday, MY01 PPP, from the test drive I know that I'm going to miss the noise of my Scoobysport exhaust.

Will fitting the downpipe screw up my warranty should I run in to problems later? From the search I've discovered that Scoobysport fit a little device to stop the warning light coming on due to no cats being fitted. If for instance, engine blows up 4,000 miles later, will they try to screw me because I've tinkered with the exhaust.

Will probably keep the Prodrive rear box but is it worth also fitting the centre section?

Thanks

Chris
Old 25 July 2002, 02:36 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Talking

Just been thinking again, suppose the clutch packs in, will they try to wiggle out of it by saying I've added BHP which has put more strain on the clutch so they're not replacing it.

Anyone got any experience with this, never owned a car new enough to have a warranty before so I haven't got a clue.

Thanks

Chris
Old 25 July 2002, 02:52 PM
pob on the job
Scooby Regular

Why don't you talk to your local Subaru dealer about fitting a downpipe? Ask how it affects warranty and suggest a scoobysport one... see what they say. If they say it invalidates your warranty, ask if you should remove the magic tree air freshener as it's not a standard part either ;D
Old 25 July 2002, 03:44 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Pob,

not a bad idea that, can anyone recommend a decent dealer with a bit of knowledge of after market products. Nice enough at the place where I bought the car but got the feeling they didn't really know their stuff. Lavender Hill is my local garage but they appear to be closing - or at least the scooby sales side of things is.

Chris
Old 25 July 2002, 03:50 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Hmm, was going to suggest Cheam Motors as they seem fairly open-minded - but you're on the other side of London if Lavender Hill is your nearest.
Well, it is a suggestion
Old 25 July 2002, 05:31 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Lavender Hill are still a Service and Warranty Repair agent - they just arn't selling new cars anymore.....

Matt
Old 25 July 2002, 07:19 PM
CataIunya
Scooby Regular

If you remove any CATS it invalidates the warranty, but if you present to them without the downpipe, they will have to honour.

Trending Topics

Old 25 July 2002, 09:36 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

i think you will have to look around subaru dealers until you find a sympathetic one but they wont publicise this fact or subaru uk would shut them down
martin
Old 25 July 2002, 11:24 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could be abit of a treck, but try Listers in Worcester, they seem to do a lot of de-catting themselves, if I were you, I wouldn't ask your dealer, cos then they'll know that it might have been done, the way I see it, is that if you have a problem, and then get the donpipe changed back BEFORE the car gets to the dealers, then they might not know whats been done to it in the past, therefore they should honour the warranty, that's basically what my local dealer told me anyway, good luck
Ron.
Old 26 July 2002, 03:40 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks for your comments chaps.

Not sure what to do, I really want to get the downpipe fitted, but would be just my luck that the car would pack up afterwards (no doubt on something completely unrelated to the downpipe).

Will have to give it some more thought

Old 26 July 2002, 04:48 PM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

With the PPP on a WRX u need to do uppipe as well as downpipe IIRC..many more quidlies, and more effort swapping back if needs must...ask Pete Croney at Scoobysport if thats still the case.
C