Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Unichip and Dawes fitted yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2002, 12:15 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

After a lot of "should i/shouldn't i", the fellas at Powerstation fitted the Unichip and Dawes to my MY97 yesterday. Big thanks to Rich and Curt for taking the trouble to make sure it was all set up properly, even though it was getting late on a monday afternoon.

And it does what it says on the can - smoother power delivery, with a clump more mid-range torque. Rich estimated i gained about 30 lbs/ft, and it certainly feels like it.
The car pulls through the revs more quickly, but runs out of puff at just over 6000rpm (non-STi WRX), which was confirmed on the mapping graphs. Bigger turbo on the wish-list now!

Overall, i'd highly recommend this, especially for cars similar to mine, ie UK spec or Jap WRX, as for about £500 you get a great mid-range improvement, without it being an over-the-top, engine-threatening procedure.

I haven't had it long enough to notice any boost variations from the Dawes as some people report, but i haven't got a boost guage so i don't sit there worrying about it anyway!

Overall, highly recommended, if it's fitted by someone like Powerstation, who don't overdo things and keep it sensible.

Terry