Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Scoobysport back box banging

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2002, 06:33 PM
DaveMcC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm hoping this is just an alignment thing - got a magnex resonated centre with SS backbox and something seems to be making contact with the car body (judging by the banging noises I'm getting). Also, the centre section seems to keep coming off its rubber hanger.

Anyone else had trouble? Does the rearmost hanger need grinding back slightly to clear the back box n/s support arm (which is the bit that seems closest to the body).

Dave
Old 04 June 2002, 07:34 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Dave,

I remember reading somewhere that its the rubber bung protector on the BB that could be banging.

Looking from the back of the car its the one on the left of the BB. You need to bend back or remove the top part of the metal lug that stops the bung moving all the way along the support. Its is very close to the bracket on the car. Is this the one you mentioned?

Hope that makes some sense

Cheers
Neil
Old 04 June 2002, 11:29 PM
roadtrip
Scooby Regular

its cos of the poor build quality of the box
if it aint made 100% accurate then its gonna knock

seems a common thing with scoobysport zorsts but people still buy em an love em!

prefer to buy a quality zorst that fits 100% perfect and has a lifetime warranty from a company with a banner ad on scoobynet

and U get a cuppa tea if yr lucky
Old 05 June 2002, 06:06 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Dave

We have seen this a couple of times with Magnex centres.

Check to see if it fits correctly with the standard centre section, as some Magnex centres can be a bit short.

Roadtrip, thanks for your comments For the record, Scoobysport were the first ever company to have a banner ad on here and have continued to support this bbs ever since we were given the chance to. All of our exhausts are made in jigs, to ensure a perfect fit. Over the years, we have a had a couple that were made wrong, but the total is less than 0.5% of our production.
Old 05 June 2002, 10:13 PM
philgr
Scooby Regular

bugger all wrong with scoobysport gear,
most outfits would be proud of a reputation like scoobysports

Old 06 June 2002, 08:48 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Dave

It is more than likely just an alignment issue. I did have a slight banging from my SS backbox on my MY01. The boys at Scoobysport sorted it out very quickly though. They traced it to the centre section and how that had been fitted. Once this was adjusted, the backbox was fine and there has never been a problem since.

Ignore roadtrips (ill informed) comments. Bearing in mind that the Scoobysport exhaust is made by Hayward and Scott, I doubt that quality (or lack of) would be an issue.

Chris
Old 06 June 2002, 01:20 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Got my Scoobysport backbox in january, a day early too . Mine used to just touch the left hand hanger (fitted with magnex downpipe and centre) but once this was bent back a touch everything was fine. I love the sound it makes , and it still seems to be gettin' louder .

Wouldn't fault it at all,

Tony.