Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Massive thanks to Andy@ScoobySpares

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2011, 10:25 PM
LeeP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Massive thanks to Andy@ScoobySpares

On Monday this week, 3rd gear blew in my Hawkeye WRX. Strangely (as if tempting fate!) Andy had posted the day before on here about him having 3 STI gearboxes up for grabs. I'd PM'd him to get some rough figures just so I knew what I'd be looking at in the future.

I rang him about an hour after my gearbox had gone and he told me he'd be able to get it collected from my house and ready for collection the next day

I limped the car home and set to looking at the options available to me.
I rang and spoke to another reputable company on here who promised a call back later that day. I rang back the day after but he was tied up with customers and promised a call back...still waiting for that call...

Delighted with the contact and reassurance from Andy, I had him collect my car on Wednesday. The lad on the truck (Lloyd) couldn't have been more helpful, ensuring that the front splitter wasn't ragged off on the low loader using copious number of trees under each wheel

Speaking with Andy later on Wednesday, before my car got to him, we decided on sorting the rear brakes out. So I ordered some discs and bluestuff pads from Godspeed, Andy arranged an Exedy clutch and I was a happy man.

I got regular updates through the day on Thursday about the work via text, he sorted out a cracked hub that was found for me, topped up oil, checked everything out for me, replaced my front pads and generally gave the car some TLC.

The car would have been back to me on Thursday except the old rear discs came apart with the ABS ring so that needed stripping and sorting.

Today the car was delivered back to me, Lloyd doing a stunning job in reverse again so the car was unscathed on getting off the truck (much to the annoyance of my neighbours who were blocked in for 10 mins ).

The car feels rock solid - it feels totally different with the 6 speed box in. It seems to hit boost quicker, tighter in the gears, the back end feels transformed (it seems more planted).

Andy, I cannot thank you and your guys enough thanks for superb service, a very fair price. Cannot recommend you guys enough!

Lee
Old 06 March 2011, 10:24 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Glad you are sorted, I reckon the rear end "feel" is due to the extra weight of the R180 rear diff...

dunx
Old 06 March 2011, 10:25 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That sounds exemplary service! You must've had a warm glow inside, throughout the whole process.

BTW, did you opt for the UK non-DCCD, longer ratio, 50/50 split 6-sp.?

Last edited by joz8968; 06 March 2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06 March 2011, 10:35 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Same happend to me with my last car last year, I limped my car to Blackpool and bought a clutch and limped onto Fleetwood where they sorted me out the same day
Old 06 March 2011, 10:35 PM
scooby1929
Scooby Regular

Lee does the car need to be remapped after fitting a 6 speed box?