Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

POWER STATION

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2009, 04:00 PM
lesdogg
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POWER STATION

Hi Guys,
I'm thinking of getting one of Power Station's power upgrades. It's a Miltek system with re-map and air filter. They say it can get my 05 wrx up to around 270bhp for £1200 plus VAT. I think it's a cheaper way of getting STI power without changing my car.
My question is, has anyone had the same / similar upgrade from PS and would the recommend it, any problems etc?

Cheers guys.
Old 03 March 2009, 03:36 PM
kingofthehill
Scooby Regular

personnally ive had nothing but trouble with powerstation and would never use them again or recommend them.

the last time i was there they told me my car needed work done that it didnt, then did the work wrong, then left me with another problem that i had to go back to them to be fixed. on another occassion they didnt get my car finished and left me to phone a family member to do a 100 mile round trip to come and get me then take me back the next day. they also didnt notice that the wastegate actuator arm had somehow became disconnected and told me i had a very laggy turbo and that was the explaination for it not hitting peak boost until 7000rpm!
the last problem was never resolved and i generally found their service not up to scratch.

im sure there are people on here who rate them and would recommend them, but from my experiences i would say try elsewhere.
Old 06 March 2009, 05:45 PM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

I had the stage one upgrade on my 2002 WRX, Was booked in for the catted upgrade, when I rang to confirm the week before I was told they had no sports cats in stock, and had tried to contact me (they had my email and correct phone number and no contacts were made). They said they'd do a full decat upgrade and then swap the sections for a catted once they were back in stock - As I live over 3 hours away they agreed to post out the catted section as and exchange for me to get fitted myself.
Anyway I took the car up had the work done, only extra was a boost solenoid (3 port) as mine was not holding boost properly. I got 275.1 on their Dyno and a much better drive (see the graphs in my garage).
Took a number of reminder phone calls to get the catted section posted to me and after at least 5 phone calls they still have not collected the decat section (which I have been refunded for).
Overall I was really impressed with the quality of the work they did and the setup there - not impressed with communication or customer service (My car was booked in for 2 months for the catted section as I am a teacher and could only get up there in the holidays).
Old 14 March 2009, 04:50 PM
Benji554
Scooby Regular

Default POWERSTATION

I've used Powerstation twice and i've been pretty impressed with my dealing with them. I had one of there wrx power upgrades on my 04 WRX (K&N panel, ecutek). I didn't use the milltek though since I already had a prodrive back box and H&S centre. I got 268 bhp and the difference was immediately noticeable. 2 months later i went back and got them to fit me a H&S sport cat downpipe and rempaped again. I got 290bhp and I was well happy. Only small problem was they forgot to fit the little resistor to stop the engine check light so I had to go back but they sorted it quickly. Overall very good in my opinion.
Old 14 March 2009, 09:02 PM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

sounds like a good place ,,im looking to get a few mods done , so im going to give them a call to see what price i can get on a remap and the t25 handling pack

stu