Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Credit where it is due ! Main Dealers Surrey

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2002, 02:34 PM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had an incident on Friday where i hit a ladder on the A3, the steering was most definately not right although there was no body damage (some nice guy in front assisted in that by taking the full brunt of the impact) & i wanted to go to the meet on Sunday so i got up early on Saturday to try & get the car sorted. Two dealers treated me very differently:-

CHEAM MOTORS: In my opinion they were totally disinterested with my problem. They wouldnt suggest anywhere esle to take it other than suggesting to take it to a tyre fitters although they wouldnt be able to do it properly. This is also a garage where i called to see if they had a P1 for sale before Christmas & they said they didnt but would call if they got any in. To my surprise they now have a P1 but i didnt get a call. Dont they want to sell cars ? I brought a P1 from Cheltenham so they lost a sale !

BELL & COLVIL: Couldnt do enough for me & arranged to get the car taken to their facility to get the problem looked at. They even let me borrow a car as they had to fit my job in & it was going to take a while. They called me when they said they would they reset the geometry & told me i needed a gearbox protector & clips & that nothing else was wrong with the car. They did use quarter of a tank of petrol testing it but i dont care as the car now driver better than ever.
Back later in the week to get protector fitted total cost of the job approx £175-£200.

Cheam obviously dont want my business & i can assure them they wont be getting it again !!
Old 04 February 2002, 03:16 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

With regards to Bell & Colvill I would be VERY upset if a dealer used a quarter of a tank of petrol testing the car. Have you checked to see if the gearbox protector (whatever that is) has really been replaced (Take that as a hint...)?

Personally I would have taken it to Merit Tyres in Leatherhead as they have full Sun Laser alignment machine. No road test should really be needed to check the tracking.