Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Does anyone have experience,,,,

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2008, 07:47 PM
CupraDave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have experience,,,,

with ordering from Powerflex ??

My Scoob was due to go in this Wednesday to have my Whiteline adjustable ARB's, drop links, anti-lift kit and my coilovers fitting and setting up. While it was in it was to have the rear diff bushes and T bar bushes done at the same time

I booked my car in over 2 weeks ago and the bushes were ordered from Powerflex that day, we are now at the end of Monday in the week my car was due to be sorted and no bushes, the guy who is doing the work to my car ordered them on his account. He receieved confirmation of the order but has received no contact from them to say they have been despatched or even out of stock

Has anyone ordered from Powerflex? is this situation the norm? do they always take this long to fullfill the orders?
Old 13 May 2008, 11:00 AM
CupraDave
Scooby Regular

anyone ???
Old 13 May 2008, 01:54 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Sounds like your guy hasn't chased them up? Just give them a call, only way to find out.
Old 13 May 2008, 02:20 PM
CupraDave
Scooby Regular

OK so a ranting call later and I am being told they will be here wednesday, now unless I am mistaken that is tomorrow so they would have had to send them yesterday unless they are overnighting them, cant see that happening to be honest

Was told they do not keep alot of finished stock but instead keep lots of blanks that simply need finishing, fair enough, the bushes we have ordered are common bushes and they get alot of requests for these

No to me logic would dictate that if these are that commonly requested then you would keep these on the shelf along with all your other faster selling stock so they are ready for despatch there and then

Lets just keep our fingers crossed they arrive at least sometime this week

Not impressed, I hope thier bushes are better that thier service
Old 14 May 2008, 11:27 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We use and stock " Superflex " poly bushes, never had a problem with next day delivery, unless they tell me on the phone immediately that there is a shortage. Then they usually tell me when I will get it.

David APi

Agents for Simtek, the most exciting new Ecu for years
Old 14 May 2008, 12:54 PM
CupraDave
Scooby Regular

Thanks David, I will remember you for the next lot of bushes I need

I think the main problem with Powerflex is that you cannot order over the phone, it all has to be done by email.

I understand it was made this way after too many mistakes in peoples orders, my mates included.

He ordered my bushes and received a confirmation email for the order but nothing after that, and they still managed to get his name wrong on the confirmation email

I just hope we receive the right bushes for my car

needless to say by the way, that they have not arrived today as promised
Old 14 May 2008, 01:07 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The lack of delivery may not be just their fault. Couriers [ ALL of them ] in my experience, can be unreliable for next day delivery. Ours offer a Saturday am delivery but it rarely happens.

So you pay extra because of the hurry up and then get told on Monday that " it was uneconomic to send out a van at 09.30 on a Saturday for just such a little parcel " .....

Meanwhile we have had our ears bent by an irate customer through no fault of our own. I try to avoid sending anything for Sat am for exactly that reason.

However, it is liklly given your problems that this is just more of the same....

Good luck - David

Trending Topics

Old 14 May 2008, 01:39 PM
CupraDave
Scooby Regular

Couriers I can deal with mate, if I know it is in the hands of the courier then I know the package is on its way

its the lack of customer service and the not knowing if it has even been despatched, as previously said the bushes were ordered 2 weeks ago and all we have had is an order confirmation, you say that Superflex tells you if there is to be a delay which in turn you can inform your customer of, we have not even had this.

When my mate did finally get to speak to someone on Tuesday he was told we would have them Wednesday, we live on the Isle of Man, there is no way Powerflex would take the sting in the tail to get them here overnight, so if they were being true to thier word and we were to have them today then they would have had to have been posted out the day before my mate spoke to them, but during that call there was no mention they had actually already been despatched

I work in retail, and try to give the same level of customer service I would expect to receive myself from others, to be honest I think the service we have had is pretty poor, mainly down to lack of communication.
Old 14 May 2008, 07:52 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

Powerflex are the manufacturers and whilst can be slightly long winded when dealing with them i have never had any issue at all...........you can't expect the factory to carry all items in stock, thats why they have stockists & retailers...........

alyn
Old 14 May 2008, 10:09 PM
CupraDave
Scooby Regular

Alyn, if you read my posts again you will see that the stock levels are not my issue