Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

APS Technical Support

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2008, 12:25 PM
SleeperSy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS Technical Support

Has anyone had and Technical Support from APS (Air Power Systems - Australia)?

I ready like their products, which look well engineered and well documented.

I recently bought a used 8 injector APS set up. The top four injectors are not the normal type, they are made by Bosch - for some reason the part number were ground off. On the APS website it states the kit comes with"Bosch Type Injectors"

I had them flow tersted at 300cc/min which is not enough for my use. So I wanted to get higher flowing versions. Fitting different type (Subaru) of injector would mean lots of engineering.

I asked at the normal places, but no one could reconise them. (RCM/Lateral)

I emailed info@airpowersystems.com.au but got no response

I stayed up late one night and called APS Australia - they said that I need to email technical questions, I said I already have - they replied "use sales@airpowersystems.com.au instead -so I did.

The reply I got was that "theses are Bosch Type and are available at any Performance Motor Factors" - I have replied twice saying that not in England and if they can give the part number it would help -or direct me to a stockist in Australia - they never replied.

In the end Mark from Lateral sorted them, after I found someone with the same kit, whos injectors had a part number on them, once we had the numbers Mark cross referenced them and supplied the correct parts.

I know APS have only one agent in UK so its not an important market for them- and my parts were used - but I feel let down somewhat, as all I need was a part number for the injectors.

Its a shame really, as I will not personally consider tunning part from them again.

Has anyone had any better experiences, as I might just be one that sliped though the net.

Sleeper.
Old 13 March 2008, 01:14 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try DS Automotives

UK distibutor, always been very helpfull with me
Old 13 March 2008, 02:38 PM
SleeperSy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bodski

Thanks for the reply - the issues sorted now - but no thanks to APS. I was aware of DSA, but as the item was used and DSA hadnt sold it, I thought best to go straigh to Manufacturer.

Sleeper
Old 13 March 2008, 04:06 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No worrys M8. They sorted out a new filter for a APS CAI i purchased off of here, and even though it never came from them they were 100% Helpfull