Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Interim 7500 services and waranty

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2002, 11:57 AM
ade7624
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi
Here's a can of worms I cant seem to get an answer about.
If I or my local garage do the interim 7500 service (oil change and grease up as far as I can see, at least thats what i'm charged for).I'm charged the best part of 100 quid at the local main dealer for this.
What implications are there regarding service history when I come to sell the car and for warrany if anything where to go wrong.

Any thoughts

Ade
Old 08 January 2002, 11:21 PM
ade7624
Scooby Regular

Anyone ?
Old 09 January 2002, 09:21 AM
boultsy
Scooby Regular

Don't know the answer to this but seeing as you've not had any response here's my thoughts.

Best person to speak to with regards to warranty being effected would be your local dealer, but I can imagine that he/she would say the warranty will be invalidated if they or another authorised dealer doesn't service the car, that's the only way they can ensure that the job has been done correctly, right fluids etc.

With regards to selling the car on, well as long as it had a service history then that's great, BUT only the potential buyer can really give you a definitive answer on this. Some people would only buy with a dealer serivce history others would be happy with say SCOOBYSPORT or TSL service because they are well know within the scooby community, a local garage may not be as inviting. Ask yourself the same question, if you saw 2 cars for sale, identical, one with a full Subaru warranty and one with a collection of stamps in then which one would you buy.

I guess you need a bit more feedback to get a general consensus, maybe this will open the flood gates.

BTW how old is the car, don't know if you have seen the posts about MY02 (and maybe MY01) service intervals changing from 7500/6mnth and 15000/12mnth to 10000/12mnth. If you fall into that category then it may not be of a concern.

If it was me......umm I think I would prefer a subaru service history, or someone like TSL/PE etc.