Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

ScoobyClinic

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2007, 11:15 AM
Steptoe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ScoobyClinic

Just wondering what you guys charge for an engine rebuild?
I know it's dependant on engine spec but im on a bit of a budget so would only need a rebuild to standard spec as im only using bolt on mods eg sports cat,different turbo etc. Can't really afford forged internals or anything like that at the moment.
It's for an MY98 impreza,uk spec with 103k on it.
Old 27 June 2007, 12:20 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Give them a call

Good bunch of blokes highly recommended by most
Old 27 June 2007, 12:37 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Steptoe
I know it's dependant on engine spec but im on a bit of a budget so would only need a rebuild to standard spec as im only using bolt on mods eg sports cat,different turbo etc. Can't really afford forged internals or anything like that at the moment.
Hi, at that milage on a version 4 uk it will probably need a full re-fresh, work on £1750.00 + vat for a standard build.

Cheers
James
Old 27 June 2007, 01:12 PM
Steptoe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JAKbauer24
Hi, at that milage on a version 4 uk it will probably need a full re-fresh, work on £1750.00 + vat for a standard build.

Cheers
James
Not a bad price at all that,was expecting to spend a lot more! Will definately be in touch when i sort the cash out (3-4 weeks hopefully).
Thanks.
Old 27 June 2007, 03:25 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

Not a bad price at all that,was expecting to spend a lot more! Will definately be in touch when i sort the cash out (3-4 weeks hopefully).
Thanks.
No worries mate any questions, Give us a call on 01246 590 807. 0r drop us a email us @ info@scoobyclinic.com
Old 29 June 2007, 08:34 AM
IRC450STI
Scooby Regular

Got my engine built by the clinic and its been mint no problems at all with it, top job done by the lads there, i know you on a budget but i would pay the extra for forged internals as it would save you money in the end and make your engine alot stronger, its worth doing mate hope you get it sorted
Old 29 June 2007, 10:44 AM
Steptoe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by IRC450STI
Got my engine built by the clinic and its been mint no problems at all with it, top job done by the lads there, i know you on a budget but i would pay the extra for forged internals as it would save you money in the end and make your engine alot stronger, its worth doing mate hope you get it sorted
Depends how much extra! Got around 5k to play with and as well as a rebuild i want respray as well,and some p1 style wheels,possibly 18s.Not really after massive power,just a little bit extra,was thinking about 240-250 bhp with a vf28 turbo,full stainless system (inc.sports cat) and filter.Am i right in thinking my ecu cannot be re-mapped?