Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Optimax, Super and Normal unleaded Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2001, 10:59 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

for past 20 months the blackbeast has been running on 95 RON fuel, I know all about it being bad because it's an import, but there you have it. With the advent of the downpipe (hopefully getting it this week then hopefully fitted before xmas) I'm now going to be running on SUL, if not optimax. to be honest it looks like optimax because it's currently cheaper than the super I can get! 72.9 vs 78.9, go figure!

Anyway, the real reason for the thread is what benefits will I acutally see between Optimax, SUL and NUL?

few more mpg? more power?

what exactly does a few RON points actually get me?

as I said at present optimax is about 4p more expensive than NUL, so it's not a bank breaker to run on optimax, and seeing as the DP should make me decatted it'd be nice to run on the highest grade fuel I can.
Old 10 December 2001, 11:06 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Angry

This is in the wrong forum and is also very lazy Mark. How many posts on this kind have subject have you seen? You aren't exactly a newbie anymore are you? Use the search! (and stop posting dodgy pics of pub meets )
Chuck
PS You'll need to ask the 'ecu reset, do I need to do it?' question when you start using optimax too
Old 10 December 2001, 11:18 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

sorry chuck, brain aint working too good this morning. posted here as not sure what forum it should have been in (misc in tech?)

oh, yeah, and how do I reset the.................