Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Money's long Traders Post!!!

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2006, 03:24 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Money's long Traders Post!!!

My car has been at many traders over the years and I have had both good and bad experience with some traders. According to Scoobynet moderator, I am not allowed to name the bad traders for their bad work so unfortunately I will not mention names. Although most of you know who Im talking about.

I have owned my car for over 3 years now and loved any minute of it. My "old" engine was a 2.0 with quite a few mods. It went to a rolling road and did not make quite the figures we were expecting. After many discussions (mapper blaiming rolling road, rolling road blaming mapper), a Tuner said they will map the car for free. This was to show me and apparently the Scooby community what they can do with cars.

Ofcourse, free reamp, I said yes. I knew they knew alot about Motec but wasnt sure how much they can do with Scoobs.

Anyway, I was in constant talks with them telling them that on the "old" engine, the piston had let go (at this point they loved it and slated the mapper) and I started building a new engine and new spec. This was based on a 2.5, uprated internals, garrett turbo etc.

Anyway, got the new engine built and a quick call to Tweenierob to say engine was built, and could he put a base map on the engine. Tweenierob, sorted the base map out and the car was fine. It was running nice with little boost and I was running the car in.

Anyway, it gets to Oct/Nov 05 and I speak to the Tuner and basically tell them car is ready for a map. I was going to change the heads at the weekend and put on an oil cooler but basically could they do the free remap still. They said yes and to bring it in.

So weekend before, we stripped the engine, put new heads, got the oil cooler and tided the car up ready for its remap and ready for a 500bhp scoob.

The car went to the tuner, however on the day taking it there, I said it was losing water. Now it could be fine as we just built the engine and needed a bit of topping up, or I said it could be a problem with the heads and if they could give it a quick check over. if there is a problem with the heads Ill take the car away, if not, map it.

I get a call the next day. The bas map was 184 bhp which amused me. But they said the heads were fine, and have seen some issues with the car map but were going to get the map sorted.

They rang me a couple of days later, they werent happy with the scoob and said they wanted to do a bit of welding for the dump valve, and also put an air temp sense in and was that ok. I gave them my authorisation and said please do it. If i have to pay this i will.

They didnt like the NGKPFR7bs (brand new - remember this) in there, so said they would supply me 8s. Again, I was happy as I thought i would have to buy 8s so I said fine to charge.

Anyway, after a few more days, leading onto a week, they finally said they have problems. Apparently they couldnt get on a good map and was only making 300bhp. i know they had not spent all the time on the car as they were doing customers cars and as was my remap was free, i knew it would be when they get time to do it. So it was kind of in there free time (again idea being once car is mapped, i would recommend them and business would flow their way (i already had 4 mates waiting for a remap)).

They rang me up saying the engine was f*cked and they would need to strip it. I stupidly said yes strip it to see the problems. I went down there to have a look and then got in a heated argument with their Technical whizkid who was trying to tell me ported sti3/4 heads and cams wouldnt flow over 400bhp (probably a ploy to try and buy their cam setup). i mentioned Christians, Adams, Andy F, how well Tweenierob done with their cars, and were over 500bhp and he soon shut up. He said something out stupid and if I knew thsi before I took the car (ie their whizkid knows jack sh*t and doesnt even listen to anyone else) then i wouldnt have taken the car down there.

Anyway, down there they stripped engine (and i mean completely, they stripped bolts where not even needed to strip an engine -again possibly shows lack of experience of stripping an engine?) and they tried to charge me £4k+vat to put it back together.

I said i was taking the car away and luckily got wible from here to pick my car up and all parts (well most of them as they didnt have all the parts in their shop?)

Well I got charged £1200?!!! For what?! I authorised the £250+vat to strip the engine, I thought 200 for them to do air temp sensor and welding so what was the other £600+vat??? Well invoice shows nothing. They had various tests to do apparently? Well i told them if they couldnt map it to leave it.

I thought maybe Plugs - 8s can be £160. Nope, they kept the 8s AND my brand new 7s.

They had to adjust the cam sensor timing as it was 2 degrees out. No idea what this was for and not does Tweenierob or the garage who put it back together as the cam sensor fits in one way.

They changed the motec wiring loom as they think it was misfiring - it wasnt misfiring when going in and Ill get to this bit in a minute.

So basically I got overcharged £600+vat. Told them I wasnt happy and took it away.

Anyway, car came back beginning of Dec05. I decided I was f8cked off and was going to strip it. Spoke to Tweenierob, he said he would sort engine and he did. Top bloke. Got all engine sorted, i got pistons/bearings/parts etc sent it to him and his engine building sorted it all out and rebuilt block.

Then the heads got sorted (their were damage marks on the heads - looks like damaged with a screwdriver. Now they werent on there when we put heads on as AnG Services checked over heads and have done scoobs for over 10 years, so thoughts from other members are that the tuner took the heads off, damaged them to put blame on the heads - no idea). So parts went to AnG Services and they built car back up over Xmas.

All finished you think, you will be wrong!

Car already, quick call to Tweenierob, can you come over and do a map. Rob comes over and car wont start. Baffling. We have changed sensors over, checking timing, literally done everything. Back and forward for a few weeks and still car wont start.

Spoke to Tweenierob, he thinks wiring. Now if you remember they changed over the motec loom. Well possiblity is they changed it over and couldnt get it started. The Motec is from a later scoob, it is wired to a 95 wrx, and also gets complicated as it now has a 98 coil back with ht leads. Again, when we did all this (back on the 2.0), car was at Robs and him and Pavlo did wiring and got it sorted. There had to be lots of changes because of the different bits above but bewteen them, they made their own loom. So now by this trader changing the loom, they have effect f*cked it up and it wont start.

Chat to Tweenierob and it was decided to get the car to his. Quick call to recovery truck mate, and car headed over to Tweenierob to have a look. Unfortunately, Rob has been working flat out and doesnt get chance much for private work now. So after 6 weeks, I have called in the legend pat to come down and work his magic. He will be here beginning of next week and hopes to sort the wiring out!

ANYWAY, sorry for such a long post! My thanks go to the following:

AnG Services They have done sh*t loads on my car and will always there. Helps by my old man running it!

Tweenierob For his help with building engine. Shame he couldnt get spare time to sort out map and wiring. The car is near enough his as he has seen it come from a standard scoob to what it is today and has helped along the whole way. Shame he went to skyline world to!

Roger Clark Motorsport Olly there is a legend and helped with few bits.

pat Will thank pat now for coming over next week and helping me out.

Also, to all the other members on here and various other forums. They have offered to help me out with parts, lend me bits, and generally encouraged me not to get f8ck off and break the scoob.

I really wish I could mention this traders name to stop fellow scoobs going there. They lost scoob customers before and the idea of the remap was for me to creat more attention in the scoob world and bring customers back to them. Well after my crisis above, coming away with a f8cked car, over charged by £600+vat, they wont be getting any recommendations from me.

After a few weeks I finally got my Motec and heads back that they had been keeping. They NEVER returned by NGK 7s. They kept saying they would but never did. Finally last week, I got some old 6s back which they obviously just took out of a customers car. I explained I had never used 6s, and these werent my plugs. Their reply "Just plug them in and get it started. They'll be perfectly ok for running in". I dont care if they are ok, they aint my plugs. It tops off with they also kept the 8s which I paid for!

They have been reported to trading standards as well.

Last edited by M0NEY; 25 March 2006 at 03:29 PM.
Old 25 March 2006, 03:43 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Good write up mate and best of luck in the future.

Agree with you on Olly, Pat and Rob. Great guys!

We all live and learn, but i'm sure you could PM me the company's name?
Old 25 March 2006, 04:06 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate. Yep i got royally screwed over but hopefully Pat can finish the messups which we couldnt fix
Old 25 March 2006, 04:22 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

id like that pm to please mate
Old 25 March 2006, 05:12 PM
ZEN Performance
Former Sponsor

Glad it's being sorted.
Old 25 March 2006, 06:48 PM
tweenierob
Scooby Regular

Cheers Frank, sorry i have been too busy to help out any more.... Skylines are so much more interesting to work on though

I can't believe the liberties that the company that shall not be mentioned has taken, blatant damage done to your parts to get your bill up.....
IMHO you have only given half the story as far as problems go, hitting your head facings with what can only be a hammer took it to the next level.
I have no axe to grind here and have taken no payment from Frank (maybe a defi sensor ) but maybe the whole story will come out one day so that no one else loses out like you have.

Rob
Old 25 March 2006, 10:33 PM
scogsywrx
Scooby Regular

soz to hear your news mate.....my cars getting rebuilt at the moment......im getting concerned now as your local to me(although the repairers arnt local)....hope you get what you want out of it.....can i be cheeky and ask for a pm too...cheers mate.
Old 25 March 2006, 10:45 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

its a gay old world when you can praise a company but cant slate another

anybody can search moneys posts on a few (well 2!) message boards and find out where it went i suppose??
Old 26 March 2006, 05:57 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

I suppose if your not in the Army then you have no need to go there anyway
Old 27 March 2006, 06:39 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Cheers for your comments guys.

Cheers Pavlo/Zen.

lmfao at tweeneirob. There was soooooooooo much sh*t i could have posted like you said which doesnt tell the whole story. But thought the post was long enough and my fingers were hurting. lmfao

Company is stupid to stitch people. Im not bragging at all here but at the end of the day, if a company does a smashing job, it flies through the community. If a comapny does a sh*t job, it flies through the community. They lost out for trying to be to greedy
Old 27 March 2006, 08:05 PM
Carlos13
Scooby Regular

Can someone give me another clue?

I don't want to be stung by someone because I couldn't work out the Scoobynet cryptic crossword!
Old 27 March 2006, 08:38 PM
HomerJunior
Scooby Regular

Me 2 please! Angie has always seen me proud but helps me to warn off other people I know in the area who use other people.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Carlos13

I don't want to be stung by someone because I couldn't work out the Scoobynet cryptic crossword!
Old 28 March 2006, 01:23 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

We should be able to post bad reviews as well as good, but scoobynet owners are affraid of being sued by bad traders. Scoobynet, they will let you sign the praises of good traders but not name and shame the bad ones, smacks of scoobynet and certain traders possibly being bum chums if you ask me.
Old 28 March 2006, 03:01 PM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peanuts
I suppose if your not in the Army then you have no need to go there anyway

Don't think I am getting the clues yet either !
Old 28 March 2006, 03:33 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Carlos13

same here mate
Old 28 March 2006, 08:23 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krade
We should be able to post bad reviews as well as good, but scoobynet owners are affraid of being sued by bad traders. Scoobynet, they will let you sign the praises of good traders but not name and shame the bad ones, smacks of scoobynet and certain traders possibly being bum chums if you ask me.
Krade,
Since you think the legal system is so easy to ignore, perhaps YOU will be willing to underwrite ScoobyNet when situations go legal. You would then be the saviour and lord of the community...... but then again you could wind up financially bankrupt and/or behind bars.

It's funny that a lot of people are experts, especially the experts that are in fact expert in understanding nothing. It's all too easy to shout from the sidelines with little or no knowledge in these issues, that are all VERY real and can have massive consequences.

People that post the kind of content you have just posted, CLEARLY have no understanding of what can and does happen.

ScoobyNet has never and will never (unless the law changes) state that discussion can not be made, either good or bad on this site. We do however not allow anything that is deemed as potentionally or outright legally challengable concerning such issues as libel or slander etc.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 30 March 2006, 03:20 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Frank,

Hope you get the car running soon mate

Mine is unfortunately still in pieces

You've been royally f**ked over mate, it's a credit to you that you've kept going - I would have given up a long time ago. Let me know the outcome.....

Chris
Old 30 March 2006, 10:42 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Cheers Chris.

Rob sorting your box out?

Will do mate. Pat is hoping to get over beginning of next week now so hope he can sort out and i can get it out of robs garden lol. For 2 months rob has been looking after my scoob now, wonder if it will convince him to come back to scoob land. Probably not cause of the mess. lol

It looks nice, just dont f*cking start. Doh!
Old 31 March 2006, 11:44 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M0NEY
Cheers Chris.

Rob sorting your box out?

Will do mate. Pat is hoping to get over beginning of next week now so hope he can sort out and i can get it out of robs garden lol. For 2 months rob has been looking after my scoob now, wonder if it will convince him to come back to scoob land. Probably not cause of the mess. lol

It looks nice, just dont f*cking start. Doh!

LOL - Our cars have made some very expensive garden ornaments over the past few months

I'm sure Rob will be sorry to see them go................NOT!!!!!!!!

Still trying to get the gearset for the box, hopefully arriving in a week or two.

Chris
Old 01 April 2006, 08:07 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Shaun,
Presumably when Trading Stds and small claims court have done their work (in favour of the complainant) then Money will be free to name the company?
A transcript of of the small claims court on SN would also be illuminating?

Nick
Old 05 April 2006, 01:52 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Lol at chris. Let me know how the box goes.

I still spend most of my time calling him! lol

Pat is coming today apparently to finish up so *could* be driving by tonight!
Old 05 April 2006, 02:32 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M0NEY
Lol at chris. Let me know how the box goes.

I still spend most of my time calling him! lol

Pat is coming today apparently to finish up so *could* be driving by tonight!

Good luck bud, hope Pat gets it sorted.

Had a big parcel arrive from OS Giken today so will hopefully be back on the road in a week or so

Let us know how you get on, wouldn't mind a ride in the beasty

Chris
Old 05 April 2006, 04:16 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Cool mate will keep you posted

Big parcel sounds good. Expensive though?

Yeah deffo, will be fun once i run it in and get it mapped up to interesting boost. Though everytime i see skyline, i could be persuaded to sell. lol
Old 06 April 2006, 07:32 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

So you'll be up for Surrey meet then?

'Bout time, too, if you ask me.

Since you'll have some running in to do I'm hoping we might finally see our favourite mechanic at a Chinese in Cambridge some time soon.
Old 06 April 2006, 09:22 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

Frankie m8 hows things?? Maybe you should pm us so we dont get done up as well. Nothing in the law says you cant do that. Look forward to catching up with you this year bud take care
Old 08 April 2006, 01:16 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

lol at slowboy.

Pat popped over with rob but, starter blew. Poxy 6speed starter. lol.

So got reconditioned one sorted. Went over robs on Friday night, but he was drawn to the pub so we called it a day. Next day, sun night. If it dont start then, then f*ck knows! lol
Old 08 April 2006, 04:53 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Lol! One way or another, it'll work out man!