Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Subaru servicing in East Anglia?

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2001, 04:11 PM
ScottP
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Can anybody here recommend where I can get Subaru servicing in East Anglia - (pref. nr Ipswich or Colchester)

I am moving up there this weekend and the Subaru UK homepage doesnt show any dealers listed in this area.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance
Old 18 October 2001, 07:06 PM
breezer
Scooby Regular

Apparently the Lancaster's garage in Colchester does (can't remember the road name, but it's between St.John's and the roundabout onto the A12 - it's got Porsches and stuff on display too). Bare in mind it's a quite a few months since I've been there.

If you check up on the official subaru site for dealers I think they are listed if you want phone no. / more details.
Old 19 October 2001, 10:57 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

Osborne's in Colchester will be your nearest, although Days of Chelmsford and Welch Group of Gt. Shelford are both do-able.
Old 21 October 2001, 10:40 AM
sw_hunt
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Welches of Gt Shelford (just South of Cambridge) have been ok for me so far. I bought the P1 and have it serviced there and had no real problems appart from trivial stuff like them ordering the wrong colour touch-up paint or forgetting to order new window seals etc. Basically ok though.
Old 21 October 2001, 12:50 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I also use Welch of Gt. Shelford now.
Old 26 October 2001, 12:36 AM
SCOBY
Scooby Regular

Wink

If u dont mind driving a bit further u can get it serviced at ScoobySport. You will be looking at about a 40 min drive, there cheaper and they stamp your book.

Cheers Toby
Old 01 November 2001, 09:44 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Breezer - Lancasters in Colchester haven't been a subaru dealer for several years now.

The dealer is as someone said now Osbournes. I've used them for mine for the last couple of years. I've never had any problems but neither do I feel like they are the best dealer ever. It used to be extremely convenient for me because they are a 5min walk from the station (Subaru franchise is by the station, Honda franchise is out by the A14). I used the Honda dealer previously for my Civic VTi and agin never had any problems with them (3/4 years ago now). I have a suspicion that the Honda guys were better to deal with, but I guess its all down to the different personnel you happen to deal with on the day.

Scoobysport is a good option (about an hour from Ipswich). I think I'll be going there for my Cam belt which is due soon (plus you can surf scoobynet while you wait )

Dean