Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

XtremeScoobies- up/downpipe.

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2006, 11:38 AM
woolz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XtremeScoobies- up/downpipe. inc pic!!!

just had my scoobysport downpipe and harveys flexi up-pipe fitted yesterday! only took and hour with two people working on it!! great little place they knew exactly what they were doing! first impressions were a little louder than before but not as loud as i thought it would be, but i am only running the standard exhaust! i didnt really notice a quicker spool up but after 4.5k revs it does pull harder!. not the cheapest mod do do but it will be worth it when i get mapped. oh and my cel light hasnt come on either!

Last edited by woolz; 26 February 2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 24 February 2006, 01:35 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Not many places are worthy of the praise that Xtreme get but Knowlsey and the boys deserve all the credit that they get from us.
Old 24 February 2006, 02:10 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by woolz
just had my scoobysport downpipe and harveys flexi up-pipe fitted yesterday! only took and hour with two people working on it!! great little place they knew exactly what they were doing! first impressions were a little louder than before but not as loud as i thought it would be, but i am only running the standard exhaust! i didnt really notice a quicker spool up but after 4.5k revs it does pull harder!. not the cheapest mod do do but it will be worth it when i get mapped. oh and my cel light hasnt come on either!
Surprised you didn't notice an earlier spool up, mine was very evident and perhaps the most noticable difference made by the Downpipe. Do you have the centre section cat still in place?

And, yes, Xtreme deserve all the praise they get.

Ns04
Old 24 February 2006, 02:35 PM
woolz
Scooby Regular

yes the centre section cat is still there! is yours?? to be honest ive only drivin a few miles in it since having it fitted so ill let you know how i get on after i use it a bit more!
Old 24 February 2006, 03:26 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by woolz
yes the centre section cat is still there! is yours?? to be honest ive only drivin a few miles in it since having it fitted so ill let you know how i get on after i use it a bit more!
Some people that have had the DP and centre cats removed, but put the centre back on for the MOT reported that the car didn't run as well.

My turbo spools up about 700rpm sooner and hits that bit harder throughout the rev range, the way the power is sustained more at the top end is also noticeable.

The earlier spool up was immediately apparent and very welcome.

I do have a classic though, which seem to repsond to exhaust changes sans remap better than the new ages, which need a remap to really exploit the benefits it seems. Maybe that explains it.

Ns04
Old 26 February 2006, 05:02 PM
woolz
Scooby Regular

thought id post a quick pic of the downpipe: not the best pic but the downpipe does have a lovley finish to it!!
Old 27 February 2006, 03:38 PM
McWRX
Scooby Regular

Looks good mate