Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Subaru World Rally Team store: malpractices !

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2005, 06:21 PM
kwispel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru World Rally Team store: malpractices !

Word of warning on the Subaru World Rally Team Store.

I put an order in a good month ago (28 october) for goods worth about 80,-GBP in total.

I got a classical order confirmation from them with shipping costs etc.

Today they call me to say they want 24 GBP EXTRA as their internetsite is misquoting the shipping costs... The site so calls takes in account only the address, not the weight.

It took them a month first a month to figure this out. Next they treat you like **** if you explain to them it is not the customer's problem that their internet site quotes wrong prices.

Be warned when you want to order stuff from them ! You might not get what you were quoted for ! (Stay away is the message)
Old 07 December 2005, 07:08 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

If they have taken the money then they have made a contract with you. They can only insist on your paying extra if the mistake was obvious; which of course it wasnt. You can always issue a summons in the County Court (Small Claims track); youll get your money back, reasonable costs and you will **** on their chips too, giving you an enormous sense of well-being!

Simon
Old 07 December 2005, 09:37 PM
jowl
Scooby Regular

I got some t-shirts from there a while ago (before i owned a scooby!). My Uncle ordered for xmas. They sent 1 a month for 4 months! Not sure whether they charged for them!

PS. Anybody want a SWRT t-shirt?
Old 07 December 2005, 10:24 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

u can order genuine swrt clothing on ebay for less then half the price that it is on the swrt site!!!!!
Old 08 December 2005, 01:38 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rb5 286
u can order genuine swrt clothing on ebay for less then half the price that it is on the swrt site!!!!!
just beware of the current model of clothing being sold.

I wanted the ladies FITTED fleece for my GF, the pic showed the 2005 fleece, and when it came it was a lifestyle fleece. Bad news.

This may not be a great problem to some, but as SWRT change the style ever so slightly every year, its something to be aware of

john
Old 08 December 2005, 09:29 AM
Nicci
Scooby Senior

I ordered some items at the end of Nov (hoping they would meet their 28 day delivery).

The SWRT shop contacted me a few days later to say one of the items would not be available until after January.

So I cancelled the entire order.

More information on the shop site would be very useful. A regular update of information would be even better.
Old 08 December 2005, 06:44 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

i spoke to a retailer who said that they had no problems getting the items even though SWRT said there was none in stock.

So, i ordered from AS PERFORMANCE in Birtley and within 3 days, they arrived, well done that man alyn

John

Trending Topics

Old 08 December 2005, 06:51 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GC8
If they have taken the money then they have made a contract with you. They can only insist on your paying extra if the mistake was obvious; which of course it wasnt. You can always issue a summons in the County Court (Small Claims track); youll get your money back, reasonable costs and you will **** on their chips too, giving you an enormous sense of well-being!

Simon
if ti was a credit card order retailers are not supposed to debit the card until they have sent the goods , i thought that was the law !
Old 09 December 2005, 09:48 AM
kwispel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobydooooo
if ti was a credit card order retailers are not supposed to debit the card until they have sent the goods , i thought that was the law !
True, they didn't take the money up front.

Still, if you go an order a new car or a new kitchen and you get a quote and order the goods (and they accept the order), you cannot say that they have the legal right to, at time of delivery, turn around and ask for a 35% cost increase because they misquoted you.

Fair enough if the cost quoted in the first place was suspiciously low. But in this case, 13 GBP of shipping on a 58 GBP order looked perfectly normal.

Amazingly, they still quote the same cost on their webiste now if you try putting the same order in...